Finally, a quieter exhaust.

Saleenrose

Established Member
My 2017 GT350 has been the noisiest car I have ever owned. Last year I installed long tube headers, it was so high pitch that it was unbearable to rev up. On the street if you went over 3000 the sound was AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH. So I pulled exhaust and added a dual in and out x flow muffler by Magnaflow. Wow, it is really close to my 20 GT500 as far as sound, deeper, muffled somewhat. You can still tell it is a flat plane crank but very livable. Thought I would give ideas to those who maybe like me, hated the sound.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Do you have any in-car videos. I'm not so much interested in a before and after sound analysis. Just wanted to hear what it sounds like now. Glad you were able to get the sound more to your liking.

Saleenrose

Established Member
I will try to get a video, hard to believe the difference. Driving the car now is like a GT500 in quiet mode when I am in 6th gear cruising. When you wind it up there is still a distinct GT350 tone, just no longer the stares from people in another county. If you have not heard one with headers you have no idea what I am talking about.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Nice job! Like many, I'm not a huge fan of the sound emanated by the flat plane crank engine. Glad to hear you made it more tolerable.

Users who are viewing this thread