Finally After 5 Years!

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
Well after owning my Cobra for 5 years I have finally completed my upper/lower mod with 91 tune. I spent the first 5 years doing supporting mods, suspension, KC, ect. Also the fact money has been tight held me up. I went with Don LaSota for the tune and I can tell you his customer service is second to none. He usually sent me revisions the same day.
I am impressed with the way the car runs but already getting used to it. lol I have the e85 file ready to go now that the 91 is dialed in, and hoping I pick up more with it.

001_zpsdabb4b83.jpg

002_zps0a4c9fd0.jpg

va boy

Established Member
Congrats man , I'm sure it feels great to you already, but that corn tune is gonna blow your mind, from what I understand. Wish I knew first hand, but it's unavailable to me, for now at least.

Last edited:

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
Congrats man , I'm sure it feels great to you already, but that corn tune is gonna blow your mind, from what I understand. Wish I knew first hand, but it's unavailable to me, for now at least.

Man I hope. It's funny how it never feels like it is that fast after a few days. It's like an addiction, now I want a TVS!

cj428mach

Established Member
Man I hope. It's funny how it never feels like it is that fast after a few days. It's like an addiction, now I want a TVS!

LOL how true. When I had my old SB car I had the stock blower off the car and the ported stieg ready go to on. I was afraid that the ported blower wouldn't be enough so I sold it and went Whipple. I started it out at 13lbs thinking that it would satisfy me as that should have been near 500rwhp. It wasn't long before I was at 15lbs then 16lbs, then 17lbs lol. I'm glad I skipped the port as it wasn't going to cut it for me.

Congrats on getting her together and running. Was the torque increase amazing with the extra boost even on 91?

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
LOL how true. When I had my old SB car I had the stock blower off the car and the ported stieg ready go to on. I was afraid that the ported blower wouldn't be enough so I sold it and went Whipple. I started it out at 13lbs thinking that it would satisfy me as that should have been near 500rwhp. It wasn't long before I was at 15lbs then 16lbs, then 17lbs lol. I'm glad I skipped the port as it wasn't going to cut it for me.

Congrats on getting her together and running. Was the torque increase amazing with the extra boost even on 91?

Yes amazing! Last night at 10:00 I was so excited to try the e85 tune I tested the 5 gallon e85 that I purchased back in February. It tested to be about 55% so I went to Kwik Shop in Maize and tested at the pump. It tested almost 90% so I got some went home and drained the gas out of the car with a hose on the Schrader valve, filled it up, loaded the tune, and then drove back to Kwik Shop to fill it up. I didn't get to aggressive with the car but I can already tell a difference with the e85. I did squeeze it a little and it is initially on the rich side. I'm sure Don configured it that way to be safe at first.
I am getting ready to go out this morning and log it so I can get the file to him asap. Man I would love to have a TVS now, this is getting in my blood.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Looking good op. Car looks super clean good luck with your tunes.

cj428mach

Established Member
Looking good op. Car looks super clean good luck with your tunes.

Alan's car is super clean and he does really nice work. I like it when he has mod that I want to do because I know I can ask him about it or look at his car and see exactly how it should be done. I ended up going return but I went over to look at his fuel pump upgrade so I could see what I was getting into and his work is top notch.

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
Alan's car is super clean and he does really nice work. I like it when he has mod that I want to do because I know I can ask him about it or look at his car and see exactly how it should be done. I ended up going return but I went over to look at his fuel pump upgrade so I could see what I was getting into and his work is top notch.

Thanks man! My wife thinks it's OCD. lol

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

Congrats! And you'll feel the same with a tvs! Only took my a couple days, lol. Next I'll be doing LT headers, smaller pulley with race gas.

cj428mach

Established Member
Got it dialed in on the e85. Hope to get it on the Dyno soon.

Let me know when you think you might want to go, as I'd be game. Wichita Dyno is open on Saturdays until 5pm. I hope sometime this week to have my MAF curve/AFR perfect. Its close enough I could leave it but I'd like it a hair closer.

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
Let me know when you think you might want to go, as I'd be game. Wichita Dyno is open on Saturdays until 5pm. I hope sometime this week to have my MAF curve/AFR perfect. Its close enough I could leave it but I'd like it a hair closer.

Will do!

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
awesome.

what do you think on the road of the e85 vs the gas setup? how much boost are you running on each setup?

Same pulley setup on both. 4lb lower 2.76 upper. I don't think my factory gauge with overlay is reading right. I am assuming around 16-17 pounds.

Users who are viewing this thread