FINALLY DONE!! First F1X procharger on a coyote EVER!!!

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
They are unfortunately. I have been getting onto him about that - hope he drops it down soon. ;-)

He went some 9.0's. He was able to get the car down into the 1.3X's (mid)

Yes.

I let him know how I feel about that, yesterday after he posted. :-D

LOL he told me about it and I just kinda smiled and said.. "Kelly knows his stuff"

This car desperately needs BMR springs all around. Rumor has it that car was leaving wheels up last night...

Matt--confirm?

Last edited:

blk00gtvert

Established Member
Hey guys sorry for the delay. Been running rampant latley.

So yes HUGE shout out to bmr tech for pointing out my retardedness. I had indeed completely forgot to cut the bump stops on the car. So armed with new shocks and super secret suspension tune up. Headed to the track.

First pass down the track. Bumped launch timing to 17 degrees. It leaves HARD. lifts the wheels About a foot off the ground and carries them 50 feet and sets them down nice and easy.. cuts a 1.34 60'. I was hanging on for dear life and pulled a dumb dumb move and forgot to pull 2nd gear and smashed the shit out of the Rev limiter. Grabbed 2nd and because I'm now all messed up in the head I short shift 3rd and ride out to a 9.02 @ 155

So i gathered my thoughts and went around again and went 1.35 60' hit all my gears but only went 9.01... was like wtf. So I looked at the log and when I let go of the trans brake it hit the driveline so hard it set off the knock sensors and yanked all my timing.

at this time I get a talking to from the track official about running 9.0 with no cage and get told please don't come back without a cage. But they were nice and let me finish the night. So...

3rd pass. Raised timing To 20 on the launch and it instantly blew the tires at the line.
Went back around and dropped the front shocks from 5 to 3 and this time it left but did a spinning while moving thing. So the 8s continue to elude me but it's making huge strides...

Time for a cage and a chute... AND....I'm eyeballing this 4.25 pulley I have sitting here... maybe 3 more psi is in store. ;)

Video on its way ;)

D98GT

Established Member
Seat and track time will get the car where it needs to be as it currently has the power for it.

.02 isn't far to go so you'll get it!

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Badass Matt. It's a pleasure watching you try and wrangle that gorilla on the starting line. A 10 point and 3 more psi sounds like a good recipe for an 8.87 pass next time out. I look forward to seeing it

blk00gtvert

Established Member
Well huge thanks to kelly at bmr suspension. ... The jungle gym is now complete. Added the drag launch springs, lca relocation brackets, and panhard bar. Switched front tires to 28 tall instead of 26, and Also did super secret anti roll bar mod ;)

Oh and dropped pulley size on blower from 4.5 to 4.25.... thinks should get interesting tomorrow at the track!!!!

20150221_171756.jpg

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Post some side view pics with the new tires please...

Also are the clear hoses from a trunk mounted intercooler tank?

blk00gtvert

Established Member
Post some side view pics with the new tires please...

Also are the clear hoses from a trunk mounted intercooler tank?

ill get some pics... and yes they are :) working like a champ....

also here is the video of last weeks 9.01 pass
[video=youtube;P3XY-W9rq_o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3XY-W9rq_o&feature=em-upload_owner[/video]

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Any sweat dripping issues from the lines? Are they under the car the whole way?

Awesome build! :rockon:

2013Trinity

Established Member
Can you post a pic of your lower pulley? I run a F1-C with cog belt and broke my crank recently. i think the leverage on the end of the crank is just too much for the crank to handle for very long.

blk00gtvert

Established Member
Sorry for the delay guys...I have a big update coming. Just have not had any time at all!!

Currently the car is registered in modular muscle for nmra weekend and I'm currently number 3 qualifier. Tomorrow is eliminantions. Wish me all luck lol

Then i can give this thread a solid upday. :)

Users who are viewing this thread