Finally dyno'd my car...

Sonic03svt

Established Member
Well, after about 9 months, I finally made it to the dyno here in KC. It was an awesome time!! I hooked up with about 20 or so Lightning owners around the Midwest and arranged to fly Sal from Power Surge Performance down to do a dyno day tuning session for the weekend. Let me tell you...THAT GUY IS AMAZING at creating good safe power!! I was very impressed with both his knowledge of the SVT's and his persistence to make things right. I would highly, highly recommend this guy to anyone, Lightning and Cobra owners! Top notch, in my book. :rockon:

Anyway, on to the numbers...

I made 459.7 hp and 462.9 tq - A/F was around 11.8 with a sniffer.

Mods: 2.93 upper, K&N FIPK, Predator, and Flowmaster Cat-back.

He made some good power with everyone that participated. A local guy from Topeka ended up making 608hp/658tq on just motor in his L. Pretty impressive!!

I'm pretty happy with the outcome, and just wanted to pass my info along.

Jason

Sonic03svt

Established Member
Here's a link that the Lightning guys started, giving an update on everyone that was there.

It also gives some of the specifics of the monster '02 Lighting!!

Dyno Link

Jason

Sonic03svt

Established Member
Originally posted by Dominick32
Great numbers man.
Now whens that ported blower getting installed? :coolman:

That is definately next on the list!!:rockon:

When I first bought the car, it really felt like a turd. I don't know if it was just the lack of torque, compared to my Lightning, but after getting the mods done and a safe tune, the thing is pretty damn healthy!!

I'm just glad that the numbers are in good shape!:rockon:

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread