• Put the stock hood back on.

Votes: 23 5.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Alright guys, I need your advice again. Sorry I am posting this here, but I need the opinion of the 03 owners. I am sure only a few of you remember, but about a year ago I put up a thread with pics of my carbon fiber hood. Well, I decided to take it off the car because I really didn't like how it looked.

Well, I finally got it painted. I decided to try something first, I decided to have them leave the scoops unpainted. So the hood has carbon fiber hood stripes. But I am really picky about the car, I dont know if I like it. I might drop it off again and have them just paint it all black.

I just don't know, it looks good. But I like the stock look. I don't want the car to stand out. I want to have a car that absolutely everyone will like. I don't want to put something on the car that some people will like, and some will hate. I know it doesnt matter what they think, but for me it does. I only want to put things on the car that will make people say "wow". Because up until this point, I have done that. The HE, the rims, tint. . ect. Until the hood, the car was perfect (looks wise). If there are a few people that think it is rice, please tell me. But be honest.

Anyway, give me one second and I will post the pics. . . .wait until I post the pics to vote. . .

Last edited:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
cf_hood_painted.jpg

cf_painted_front.jpg

cf_painted_hood_rear.jpg

cf_painted_side.jpg

cf_painted_side_2.jpg

cf_painted_top.jpg

close_up_painted_vents.jpg

L3thal 324

Established Member
WOW that looks really bad ass!!!! seriously i love the way it looks!! i wouldnt change a thing. how much did that hood cost ya??? really nice fit too.

"SNAKIE"

Established Member
dude i know that im a measly 99 cobra owner but i wouldnt change a thing. that is pimp shit:rockon:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Let me know what you guys think. I am just really really picky. Until now, no one could really say "I don't like how that car looks" because I have only done things that are SURE to improve how the car looks. I only do things that I am 100% sure that EVERYONE who looks at the car will like it.

I think it might get it all painted black, and just keep it for weight savings. I dont know. I am not sure what I should do with it yet.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Thanks for the compliments guys, your a huge help!

silversnake - it was a lot, with shipping it was just about a grand. See, thats the other thing that bothers me, after all I paid, and then another $300+ to paint it, I have second thoughts. Sometimes I think about selling it and using the money for better 'bang for the buck' mods. I just hate wasting money on the car, I usually don't do things like this unless I am SURE I like it. So this is really bothering me.

Last edited:

"SNAKIE"

Established Member
btw ,why r u worried bout what everyone else thinks. do it the way u see fit. after all it is ur car.

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
I hate to say it but that looks badass!

If you decide you don't like it don't paint the rest, send it to me. lol I will pay for your hood and the paint job. Leaves a subtle hint to whats underneath.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
That's hot. I love that look. Al carbon fiber would be too much, but that is a subtle contrast that makes the car look mean!

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
I give it TWO THUMBS UP!!!!!

1. nice weight savings :thumbsup:
2. pimpin' looks :thumbsup:

MJ

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
johnny random - I will keep that in mind man, I will definitely let you know if I want to sell it. I was told that this is the SHM hood. I did not buy it from SHM, so I wouldn't be able to prove it to you, but as I was told, this IS the SHM hood. I believe it because I think I saw pics of the SHM and it was the exact same thing.

oh BTW - the hood vents were silver, but that looked terrible on a black car. It looked very ricey, so I also painted the hood vents black.

bassin - I am going to weigh the hood again either today or tomorow now that its painted (stupid me forgot to do it before I put it on). But the last time I weighed it, it was about 25lbs and the stock hood was almost 40lbs. I beleive the fiber glass hoods are around 30lbs but I am not positive on that one.

qbeanjoe

Banned
putting it on a black car? I used to work for www.importfan.com, I've see the hood, I think it looks better on a brighter car, so that it stands out. It's kinda like painting a house white to egg shell white, it's not a significant difference. other than light wieght. by a couple of pounds.

jcayer

Eats Ryc
Established Member
Dude, that is totally pimp, I don't like the all carbon fiber hoods either... but man, that looks SWEET... I say keep it like that...

Tommy98016

Heavy Ass Vert
Established Member
Originally posted by Torch10th
That's hot. I love that look. Al carbon fiber would be too much, but that is a subtle contrast that makes the car look mean!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread