Votes: 43 10.1%
  • Put the stock hood back on.

Votes: 23 5.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tankerman1981

Established Member
that looks pretty badass man but if it was me i would've taken that money and put it for some different mods.... i mean with 1300 bucks you can do alot ya know but it does look good man defiantely different and unquie man :rockon:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
lol, thats true. When you look at the engine mods you could buy for the same price, it doesn't seem worth it. But sometimes it is cool to do something different :beer:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
BTW - since this thread has been up for a while, would you guys like me to take some more recent picures of the hood?

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
Man this thread has got to have the record for staying on the front page of a forum with out being a sticky!!!!!!!!........lol

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
JKD COBRA said:
BTW - since this thread has been up for a while, would you guys like me to take some more recent picures of the hood?
yes :thumbsup:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I am going to wash the car soon, so when I do, I will get some more pictures. Just hang tight :beer:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Ok guys, I took some more pics!

I did the best I could to get some shots from different angles. It was a little cloudy out today. If it clears up tomorow, I will take some more pictures out in the open so there won't be any shadows from trees. But here are pics I just took:

img_297234.jpg

img_29733.jpg

img_29712.jpg

img_29688.jpg

img_29677.jpg

img_29666.jpg

I8URZ28

gas mileage is overrated!
Established Member
it is a very subtile difference --that is what makes it look badass-- I guess I couldn't pull something like that off on a silver cobra :D

lukem80

Established Member
old ass post!!!!

hood works well with a dark color'd car.

how much were the final weight savings?

I heard they have made a CF mustang trunk lid

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Thanks for the compliments guys! :beer:

luke - the stock hood weighs about 38-40lbs and the CF weighs 25lbs. So the weight savings were only 15lbs or so.

And yeah, they have a CF trunk too. But what is frustrating, is that the price has came down so much since I got my hood, that you can get the CF hood and CF trunk for the same price as I paid for just the hood when they first came out. lol :bash:

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
With the 8 pages of compliments and attention, you should start building them and selling them, seems a lot of people would be interested :)

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
BuffDigits said:
With the 8 pages of compliments and attention, you should start building them and selling them, seems a lot of people would be interested :)
Yeah it sure seems that way. But I tried something like that in the past and it didn't work out. It wasn't a hood though, it was our coil covers.

There was a company that made carbon fiber products with awesome quality. They made a lot of CF coil covers for supra's and other imports. So I contacted them and they said they could make them for cobra's. I then started a thread to get a group buy going. But, not enough people were willing to pay the price. The custom carbon fiber coil covers which looked awesome, were $275. Which seems like a lot, I agreed with people that it was a lot of money for something that is only for looks.

But you know what I found out? Stock coil covers are $220-250. So really, $275 was a great price for a custom carbon fiber coil cover. But, oh well. At least I tried :beer:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
JKD COBRA said:
Thanks for the compliments guys! :beer:

luke - the stock hood weighs about 38-40lbs and the CF weighs 25lbs. So the weight savings were only 15lbs or so.

And yeah, they have a CF trunk too. But what is frustrating, is that the price has came down so much since I got my hood, that you can get the CF hood and CF trunk for the same price as I paid for just the hood when they first came out. lol :bash:

Where did you buy the hood from? And is the latch reinforced with steel or anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread