Votes: 23 5.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
03 DSG Snake said:
Where did you buy the hood from? And is the latch reinforced with steel or anything?
Pics of the latch:
underside_2.jpg

And I bought the hood from some guy who PM'd me a long time ago saying that he had some for sale. Not sure who he gets them from or if he is still selling them. But I have his email address if you want it :beer:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
JKD COBRA said:
Pics of the latch:
underside_2.jpg

And I bought the hood from some guy who PM'd me a long time ago saying that he had some for sale. Not sure who he gets them from or if he is still selling them. But I have his email address if you want it :beer:

you don't know who actually makes the hood do you?

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I did just post:

Not sure who he gets them from or if he is still selling them.

And I posted this on 12/04/2004:
dd - I dont really know where the guy got the hoods from, he said they are supposed to be the same as the SHM hood. But I really don't have any proof of that, sorry about that
So, no. I do not know what company made this hood nor do I claim to know.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
JKD COBRA said:
I did just post:

And I posted this on 12/04/2004:

So, no. I do not know what company made this hood nor do I claim to know.

Soo, where did it come from?

J/k, sorry dude, been up for too long :beer:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Not a problem. I apologize if I was a little defensive. I just didn't know the intention of your post.

When people PM me for info, I tell them that I don't know where he gets the hoods from or if he still sells them.

What you have to remember is back when I bought this hood, the only place that had a CF 03cobra hood was SHM. And as you can imagine, they were selling them for a very high price. Almost $1,300 if I remember correctly. And I was not going to ever pay that much for a CF hood. It was at that time that I received a PM. He sent me pics of the hoods and sent me pics of hoods that he had sold to other people. Everything seemed ok so I bought one.

Of course, now we have a few more options (like VIS for example). But, back then, no one made them. So there really wasn't any info out there yet.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Why not? If you have to ask a question that has been asked before, isn't it better for the forum to ask it in an older thread already up instead of making a new thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread