Finally got my chance with a ZL1

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Haha... well... being deployed gets pretty boring. Gotta do something to pass the time.

Ah, Gotcha......thank you for your service. I'm at my desk pretty bored so I'm passing time too....so I guess you guess can keep it up a little while longer........go! lol

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
I don't think I've ever ran into a car randomly with over 600 hp except for some exotics so you may be right there, but in most cities 600 hp is just the tip if you go to where a bunch of cars gather up.

True and the same holds true here but even at meets there's only a hand full of cars over
600 because the average is between 300 to 400 I think.

Devil_Z

Established Member
That's bc people at meets are full of shit. Every Supra is 1000HP+, every Corvette is 900HP+, and every Cobra is a KB Mammoth. :rollseyes

Then they either don't run, or get molested by cars making 400-500HP and claim traction issues, tune, etc.

I stopped going to meets bc of that crap. "My car makes 1000HP!" Yeah...obviously not tonight it didn't. :bored:

Eh.. I dunno about all that. There aren't too many people in Savannah that claim 1000 hp. There's supposedly a ttz06 and gtr that both make over 900, but I've never seen them in person, however, I don't go to those meets very often. 600 is a pretty easy mark to hit it seems though. All it took on my c5z was a supercharger kit and supporting boltons. All it took in the c6z was h/c/i and then it has a 250-400 shot on top of that, but I've never tried to hook 900-1100 on the streets and would imagine that I can't given how well 600 hooks up.

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
Haha... well... being deployed gets pretty boring. Gotta do something to pass the time.

I talk shit at times to cuz I need something to do so I feel u. So how much is that c6 pushin anyway

Edit: just seen post up above nevermind

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Well... 600 isn't much these days to be honest. You mentioned how slow 2k was when he wasn't bothering you so I figured I'd let you know likewise.
In reality, 600 hasnt been much for a while. The avg "fast" car though will be somewhere in the north of 400 hp or so. Im only a regular pullied tune Cobra and haven't had much of a competition :shrug: Most car's are just avg with exhaust, intake, tune, etc. The most recent fast car I had was against a bolt on LS2 Vette, he didnt stood much of a chance.

Not saying there aren't fast cars around here but they dont come around as often or are garaged kept. Im sure there are plenty of places with the same case.

Devil_Z

Established Member
I talk shit at times to cuz I need something to do so I feel u. So how much is that c6 pushin anyway

It was 570 on motor with stock ported tb, intake, and heads as well as a stock exhaust. It put down 900 on a 250 shot, but the motor is built for a 400 shot so it could go a little higher. :beer:

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
In reality, 600 hasnt been much for a while. The avg "fast" car though will be somewhere in the north of 400 hp or so. Im only a regular pullied tune Cobra and haven't had much of a competition :shrug: Most car's are just avg with exhaust, intake, tune, etc. The most recent fast car I had was against a bolt on LS2 Vette, he didnt stood much of a chance.

Not saying there aren't fast cars around here but they dont come around as often or are garaged kept. Im sure there are plenty of places with the same case.

I think 600 just doesn't have that wow factor that it used to but still a strong number

Devil_Z

Established Member
I think 600 just doesn't have that wow factor that it used to but still a strong number

Well, it's definitely plenty for a street driven car, especially depending on what type of gears it has. 600 in the c5z was dumb. With first topping out at 4X and 2nd at 6X the first two gears were useless if it wasn't peddled. With the c6z's slightly taller gears; 1st is 62 and 2nd is 90 or so the same 600 hp hooks up fairly well in comparison.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Eh I never heard of a bone stock cobra running 12.2........12.4 yes, but i think 12.2 is abit of a stretch. Maybe in -2000 DA with God himself doing the track prep lol

Sick03Vert

Banned
Eh I never heard of a bone stock cobra running 12.2........12.4 yes, but i think 12.2 is abit of a stretch. Maybe in -2000 DA with God himself doing the track prep lol

I'm not debating that. :-D

I only know what I read...no clue how they got that, and didn't say that was the norm at all. :beer:

Notorious2409

NO HOPE
Established Member
Everyone will agree to disagree when it comes to taste of cars. Ford, chevy or mopar, people like what they like. At least we agree on one thing, american muscle is where it's at and it sure is fun when we all lay the smack down on imports.

Users who are viewing this thread