Finally got my motor done

milktasd2

Established Member
7E844BF0-AEF5-43C3-9F60-990EB414940D.jpeg
2E935AF1-4079-433C-A619-0BC1AD4C5BFA.jpeg
my build quickly snowballed, but now I have a complete motor. 04 heads, custom cams, forged bottom end, JT trim blower, id1000. Hope to get it in the car in the near future, then work on installing the fore fuel system and Holley efi.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
Are you keeping the engine bay black? I think the engine will look good in there if you do. It will be a nice package when it's done.

Real98roush

Established Member
Are there adapters to use a B-head intake manifold with C-heads?

IG: @sn95mystic

SVTP: SN95 Rollercoaster

milktasd2

Established Member
Are you keeping the engine bay black? I think the engine will look good in there if you do. It will be a nice package when it's done.
The engine bay is painted magnetic gray and painting the whole car that color once it’s running. Rather have people at work scratch the old paint while I have it up there vs fresh paint.

Last edited:

milktasd2

Established Member
Are there adapters to use a B-head intake manifold with C-heads?
Yes, there is a member on here who made adapters for them. Can’t remember his screen name. You run a c intake lower and your stock b upper. I did it to retain the stock looking upper plenum(looks better to me) and so I wouldn’t have to look for throttle cables and such.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
Magnetic is a sharp color. What do you plan on doing for wheels?

The wheels in the picture would look great painted Magnetic.

Adower

Established Member
This isn’t the exact same setup i want to do. Would you mind sharing cost for the motor?

milktasd2

Established Member
I probably have over $10k. That includes buying the heads, having them ported, buying a ported lower intake. And that doesn’t include the vortech stuff lol
Here is a list from my engine builder, who assembled the long block
$915 - machine work (bore/hone with torque plates, flat deck block to 20 Ra, balance crank with 2 slugs of Mallory)
$1185 - custom Diamond pistons, stainless rings, H13 wrist pins
$1199 - Bullet cams
$875 - ARP Head studs, ARP main studs, ARP main cap side bolts, ARP cam bolts, ARP thick wall cam bolt washers, Clevite main bearings, rod bearings, head gaskets
$600 - Molnar power adder rods
$80 - Cobra engineering oversized timing guide pins
$200 - Boundary Lube billet oil pump gears
$350 - springs
$5404 - total
Labor was $1500

milktasd2

Established Member
Between work being crazy, laziness, and trying to figure stuff out with the Holley. She finally fired up. Freaked me out when it fired up first try. Having said that idle tune is rough, I’m not a tuner, but drove around the parking lot like a stock car.
Goal is to fix some stuff this week and be able to drop it off for some exhaust and light fab work.

Users who are viewing this thread