Finally Purchased Some Race Ramps

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
I've been wanting to get these for a long time and finally decided to pull the trigger, they aren't getting any cheaper.

They are the 2 piece 56" ramps (RR-56-2).

Picked them up yesterday and decided to change the oil in the car before her winter sit.

10847955_10152492311666121_1515551521347287168_n_zps7cee872d.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice! Race Ramps are quality ramps, and the 2-piece design is highly recommended. My ramps are single piece and sometimes it's a royal pain because access around the wheel area from the sides is restricted. Being able to remove the section gives you greater access under the car.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats! I love mine, I ended up getting the custom 2-piece 72" ramps. I've had a couple buddies that needed to use them and they work great!

sam86

Established Member
very nice! I cheaped out and bought rhino ramps, which I kind of regret now. I have to use wood to get my car on them.

04RedfireVert

Is it Friday yet?
Established Member
Very nice OP, I invested as well and got some heavy duty ramps, a wide set of wheel cribs, and 2 sets of flatstoppers! They have a great product.

getTwisted

Established Member
Thanks guys, so far it seems like money well spent. I hope to get more of there products in the future.

If I could do it over again I might would get longer ramps like Bdubbs or the 67" version.

Overall I'm very happy with them.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Your car is stock height, correct? How close to hitting were you getting on them? If you were lowered do you think it would have hit? I need to pull the trigger on some, but I don't want to pay for more ramp than I need. I'm lowered about 1.5", but on 18's.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Your car is stock height, correct? How close to hitting were you getting on them? If you were lowered do you think it would have hit? I need to pull the trigger on some, but I don't want to pay for more ramp than I need. I'm lowered about 1.5", but on 18's.

This is why I opt for the extended ones, I'm lowered with h&r race springs and didn't want to take any chances.

getTwisted

Established Member

I'm lowered with H&R Sport Springs with MM ISO's. So my car lowered 1 inch. I actually put a 2x4 in front of the ramp to make sure I cleared, it was barely going to scrub the chin spoiler without it and I didn't want to do that. So I would say you need the longer ones or the extenders.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
if you look on their site it tells you exactly how to measure to see which ramps you will clear

getTwisted

Established Member
if you look on their site it tells you exactly how to measure to see which ramps you will clear

Yea the 67" ramps would have worked better for me, but it was going to cost me $140 more.

Last edited:

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Cool picture... Mystichrome wheelie!

I've got a set too. Good stuff.

Intervention302

Established Member
Yea the 67" ramps would have worked better for me, but it was going to cost me $140 more.

The thing with the 67" ramps....

It still looks like a 10.8* angle. The longer ramps go up 10", rather than 8".

So if my math is right here. It wouldnt really make any difference.

It be best to buy the extenders

I'm just about ready to purchase a kit for myself so I've been reading a lot

getTwisted

Established Member
The thing with the 67" ramps....

It still looks like a 10.8* angle. The longer ramps go up 10", rather than 8".

So if my math is right here. It wouldnt really make any difference.

It be best to buy the extenders

I'm just about ready to purchase a kit for myself so I've been reading a lot

Interesting. Looks like they would have made them the same height. Oh well. I will probably get some extenders one day.

b_dike

Established Member
I wanted to get these way back, a couple years ago. Instead I cheaped out too. Made my own. 4 pieces of flat 3/4" material staggered just so the car is high enough to get a floor jack under. Short enough that it's not in the way.

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
I looked real hard at race ramps and was ready to buy some to replace my Rhinos, until I saw a this:

www.kwik-lift.com

Christmas gift to myself. Best tool purchase I've made for my single garage.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread