Finally starting some mods, preliminary dyno #'s

droptop03

Established Member
Been lurking here on the shadows as I read your experiences and mods for the last year and a half. Today I start doing some basic mods. Putting on JBA shorty's and Steeda cat deletes. Did pre-mod dyno 392hp and 344tq. Will post graph when I figure out how to do from iPhone. Will re-dyno today when parts are on later today

Voltwings

Established Member
i host my photos on photobucket and then just copy the image code here. I dont know if you can host directly on the website, but looking forward to the gains.

dmichaels

Established Member
Interested in the difference you see from the shorty headers. I'm starting to get an urge for a bit more power and I'm not sure I want to take on longtube installation...

65sohc

Established Member
Since you're deleting your cats anyway why did you not go with long tubes? The only reason I could see going with shorties is to retain the stock cats/legality.

65sohc

Established Member
From what I have read shorty install isn't any easier than long tube.

droptop03

Established Member
I live central cali and I have gone back and forth about whether to go long or short. I decided to go with the shorty's because each year these seem to get stricter and stricter her. Also I have seen the Highway Patrol out doing increased random spot compliance checks on all types vehicles in my area lately. I have personally came across 3 of these spot checks this year myself, where they block off a couple of lanes and stop every 5th or-7th car. And since they can possibly cite on scene if they choose, it was a no brainer for me. I had previously seen someone else had went with kook shorty's and cat delete because of New Jersey smog requirements. I can easily swap the deletes and cats to be in compliance if necessary. The reason I went with JBA's is because I was able to get them for $200, great deal for me. And they will pass inspection, because they have a CARB number. I had a complete bassani system on my 03 GT, and had bad experience one year getting it smogged. Didn't want to go through that again, when I can swap at will. I realize the gains won't be as much, but I wanted to be taller and a NFL star also. All and all I am satisfied with the gains after install today. I gained 18hp and 15tq to 410hp and 357tq. Numbers might have been higher, but the temp to day was 102 degrees when they did the dyno after install in the afternoon. In the morning it was about 72 degrees. It be hot here during the summer days.

Looks like I gonna put the baffles back in though. I knew it would be louder, but WOW. 65sohc I see you have the QTP. How do you like them? I wouldn't mind have the option and control of how loud I can get. I was thinking of adding it to my list. Tomorrow I go get my custom AED tune and put on the steeda cai.

Last edited:

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member

droptop03

Established Member
To the right of the image, you'll see the text "Links to share this photo." Look for "IMG" and copy that entire URL and paste it to see the image here instead of a link after you submit your post.

Great #'s and looking forward to whatever else you plan to do!

image_zps4272d07d.jpg

65sohc

Established Member
I live central cali and I have gone back and forth about whether to go long or short. I decided to go with the shorty's because each year these seem to get stricter and stricter her. Also I have seen the Highway Patrol out doing increased random spot compliance checks on all types vehicles in my area lately. I have personally came across 3 of these spot checks this year myself, where they block off a couple of lanes and stop every 5th or-7th car. And since they can possibly cite on scene if they choose, it was a no brainer for me. I had previously seen someone else had went with kook shorty's and cat delete because of New Jersey smog requirements. I can easily swap the deletes and cats to be in compliance if necessary. The reason I went with JBA's is because I was able to get them for $200, great deal for me. And they will pass inspection, because they have a CARB number. I had a complete bassani system on my 03 GT, and had bad experience one year getting it smogged. Didn't want to go through that again, when I can swap at will. I realize the gains won't be as much, but I wanted to be taller and a NFL star also. All and all I am satisfied with the gains after install today. I gained 18hp and 15tq to 410hp and 357tq. Numbers might have been higher, but the temp to day was 102 degrees when they did the dyno after install in the afternoon. In the morning it was about 72 degrees. It be hot here during the summer days.

Looks like I gonna put the baffles back in though. I knew it would be louder, but WOW. 65sohc I see you have the QTP. How do you like them? I wouldn't mind have the option and control of how loud I can get. I was thinking of adding it to my list. Tomorrow I go get my custom AED tune and put on the steeda cai.
Being able to swap the cats on and off makes a lot of sense. I love the QTP cutouts. On a tip from a guy on Boss302forums I removed my side pipes last week in anticipation of having some short turn downs welded up tomorrow. The noise with the exhaust exiting straight from the H-pipe is way louder than through the side pipes. Too loud for normal driving but it really makes the Trackey idle sound wicked. That's what makes the electric cutouts so handy. Sounds pretty awesome at stoplights. Good choice on the Steeda CAI. I gained 13 hp over AED tune alone before I reverted to the Trackey. So someone other than Shaun is tuning at AED? BTW, I'm in Fresno. Where are you?

droptop03

Established Member
I live Clovis. I think I may seem you once. I have only seen one boss driven in the area and that was on Herndon a '13 red boss last year. Seen plenty of '13 + gt500. Three of them within mile where I live.
Just got back a lil while ago from have Shaun do my tune. I got serious man crush now. Real cool dude and great customer service, loved his shop. Final numbers 437hp and 399tq. Car is just wicked, will post dyno soon

65sohc

Established Member
That was me. I live at Herndon and Van Ness. I put the turn downs on today. It's about 50% louder than with open side pipes. With the QTP's to fine tune it sounds awesome.

droptop03

Established Member
That's cool, I finally know who the red ghost is. The idea of getting the QTP's is really appealing. For now I'm going to put back the disc to moderate the sound. Hey, have another question. Did you get any work done at All Out Performance? They did my header and delete install. They talked about working on a red boss. Told me the guy also had a '70 boss also

Users who are viewing this thread