Finaly, Doug E Fresh returns to SoCal

Fresh Cobra

505 RWHP Blvd Pimp
Established Member
Well, it’s taken a little over 2 ½ years to make me ready to leave Iraq. The time has come for me to return to the states. I should be flying out of Kuwait on 28 July into LAX. Man…I can not wait…lol

I’m only going to be in SoCal for a week or so because I have to be in Reston, VA within two weeks of my departure from Iraq to work. I’ll be getting the 04 Mystichrome Vert ready to drive Route 66 all the way into Chi-Town and then up the road to Reston, VA.

Here’s the Info I need. Who is the Best Tuner in SoCal for the 03/04 SVY Cobras? My last tune was with Shawn at Superior Automotives in Anaheim but I have lost touch with him and don’t know if he’s tuning any longer. So, I need someone to retune my Cobra with a Predator Tune and get it back to full performance and road ready after sleeping for the past 2 ½ years. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Anyone wishing to meet up between fro a cruise or whateva between say, 1 – 8 August…give me a shout at: [email protected] or leave me a PM in here/

~ DEF :pepper: :banana:

Fresh Cobra

505 RWHP Blvd Pimp
Established Member
Thanks for the info. I'll prob PM you when I get back into SoCal for directions to RET. My Cobra is sleeping in the Lower Riverside area near the San Diego Border off the 215 Freeway.

~ DEF :beer:

maddrabitt

Established Member
Doug, if you are planning on staying with the predator I dont think Greg will be able to help you, since to my knowledge he is still using SCT only. Hands down, Greg is the man, but you would have to switch over to SCT. Danny Swanson tuned my friends car with the Diablo stuff. Guy is a little wierd and takes too many smoke breaks, but the car runs fine.

Fresh Cobra

505 RWHP Blvd Pimp
Established Member
no worries

No worries at all. I can switch to the SCT if it'll give me a better tune. I just don't want to have to drive all over SoCal from Temecula Valley since that is where my Stangs are located now. Not sure how the Cobra will run once I buy a new battery and put some gas in it.

Where iS Greg and RET located?

~ DEF

Fresh Cobra

505 RWHP Blvd Pimp
Established Member
Tom,

I work and live on Camp Slayer in the Victory Base Complex (VBC).I've been all over the country from Tikrit to Basara, from Al Asad to Baqubah.

Downey would be a hell of a drive with the Cobra after her being idle for 2 1/2 years. I may have to try and find Shawn Ellis to see if he still tunes at Superior Automotives because it's closer.

~ DEF

11ride4life

Hatorade
Established Member
Fresh Cobra said:
Tom,

I work and live on Camp Slayer in the Victory Base Complex (VBC).I've been all over the country from Tikrit to Basara, from Al Asad to Baqubah.

Downey would be a hell of a drive with the Cobra after her being idle for 2 1/2 years. I may have to try and find Shawn Ellis to see if he still tunes at Superior Automotives because it's closer.

~ DEF

Not to bash Shawn but I have been told by many people that he is not the tuner he once was:nono: ... Search for him on this site and you will find a lot of negative feedback.

What worries you about driving the car? just change the oil pun some fresh gas in it and drive it! Or was their a tuning problem before you put her up?

Fresh Cobra

505 RWHP Blvd Pimp
Established Member
Not sure how it will run..lol It's been sitting for over 2 1/2 years and hopefully the tune will still be good on it. I'll look into RET when I get back. I'll do a search on the web for RET also to check out their site. Tks for the info!!!

Fresh Cobra

505 RWHP Blvd Pimp
Established Member
Sadly to say, I am not returning to SoCal as planned and I am not moving to NoVA either. I have been asked to extend out here in Iraq and I agreed to stay until the end of my 3rd straight year <Dec’07>. Oh well, it could be worse…I could have agreed to stay unti the end of 2008…lol

~ DEF

djtyau

Established Member
Man, that sucks.

By the way, thanks for putting you life on the line for us. We really appreciate you guys :beer:

Oh yeah, Greg and his crew rocks.

wikedcobra312

FLEO
Established Member
Fresh Cobra said:
Sadly to say, I am not returning to SoCal as planned and I am not moving to NoVA either. I have been asked to extend out here in Iraq and I agreed to stay until the end of my 3rd straight year <Dec’07>. Oh well, it could be worse…I could have agreed to stay unti the end of 2008…lol

~ DEF
dam def, that sucks, us at ws were looking forward to having u back

wickedstangs

Established Member
Fresh Cobra said:
No worries at all. I can switch to the SCT if it'll give me a better tune. I just don't want to have to drive all over SoCal from Temecula Valley since that is where my Stangs are located now. Not sure how the Cobra will run once I buy a new battery and put some gas in it.

Where iS Greg and RET located?

~ DEF

I will switch over too give me a call when you get in...

Users who are viewing this thread