Finance says I'm not authorized mileage rate...

jmsa540

Established Member
I'm driving to the nearest airport near my duty station to fly out to Hawaii. I went to finance today and they said that the $0.24 a mile doesn't apply to me since I'm flying. I explained them that I have to drive to the airport in order to fly out. I've read the regulation ( Travel Regulations ) One portion of it says that ALL pcs travel is authorized mileage; however, there is another portion in it that says mileage isn't authorized if the airport is in the same city as the duty station that I'm leaving. I call DFAS and they said that I was right, and that I'm entitled to the mileage rate.. The funny thing is that when I went to finance today they said, don't you know "the reg"? :dw:

Any help?

Blue'03SVT

Established Member
Never heard of that before. Recommend you ignore those dummies, and file your voucher claiming the mileage at your gaining duty station.

BCisme

Established Member
Never heard of that before. Recommend you ignore those dummies, and file your voucher claiming the mileage at your gaining duty station.

agreed. they'll pay you when you get there. even if they did offer you this mileage, the gaining duty station is the one that will actually process your 1351-2.

SHLBYLVR

Established Member
Just put HOR (home of record) to the airport and they'll calculate the mileage and pay you. That's the biggest problem talking to certain people. One will say one thing and another will something different.

BCisme

Established Member
The funny thing is that I'm not even filing this out on my 1351-2. It's DFAS form 9114, Feb 2013.

theres several forms you'll end up filling out. now that i think about it, it wouldnt be on the 1351. thats just for per diem.

when i moved to irwin on a DITY move i got screwed out of a few grand. got told i was entitled to such and such, got to irwin and they said :lol:

hopefully you dont get screwed like i did, and have seen lots of people get.

NEp8ntballer

Established Member
I'm driving to the nearest airport near my duty station to fly out to Hawaii. I went to finance today and they said that the $0.24 a mile doesn't apply to me since I'm flying. I explained them that I have to drive to the airport in order to fly out. I've read the regulation ( Travel Regulations ) One portion of it says that ALL pcs travel is authorized mileage; however, there is another portion in it that says mileage isn't authorized if the airport is in the same city as the duty station that I'm leaving. I call DFAS and they said that I was right, and that I'm entitled to the mileage rate.. The funny thing is that when I went to finance today they said, don't you know "the reg"? :dw:

Any help?

In situations like this it's best to print it out and highlight the applicable sections so you have something to show them. And if you really want to fight it ask to speak to their supervisor or run it across your first sergeant to use those channels. I'm damn near blind and I had to do something similar with optometry to get my BPE insterts before deploying.

jbs$

Established Member
Question, how much money are we talking about here, it reads like it is less than $25.00. If so, who the f### cares!

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Question, how much money are we talking about here, it reads like it is less than $25.00. If so, who the f### cares!

shit the army will take your $25.00 in a heart beat so why let them screw you out of $25?

honestly OP you gotta thing about all the regs and policy letter and all this stuff. they simply just might not know or might have read something else... we have a policy letter stating if you are flying during a PCS and you are leaving from the local area that the staff duty or someone from your section gets the govt vehicle (bad ass grand caravan with no cruise control for us) will drive and drop you off therefore you dont get paid jack shit. doesnt apply to many.

Users who are viewing this thread