Finding a 5.8 Mod Block

cleghornm

Established Member
Are there any 5.8 mod blocks available? Ford racing no longer carries the block. If one of our blocks fails, what course of action do we have to replace the block, or rebuild it? The ones I can find or so expensive that I couldn't see buying one to build up, which is what I would like to do one day.

A.M.R

Established Member
These engine's aren't cheap. A bare block from Ford is about $4600... I think the best price I've seen for a 5.8 bare block was from MMR. But yea, if you're looking to build your motor, it's gonna cost you a pretty penny unfortunately.

Bad Company

Established Member
Are there any 5.8 mod blocks available? Ford racing no longer carries the block. If one of our blocks fails, what course of action do we have to replace the block, or rebuild it? The ones I can find or so expensive that I couldn't see buying one to build up, which is what I would like to do one day.
Ford Racing doesn't have any bare blocks, but Ford does through the regular parts network. The part number is DR3Z-6010-A. They can be bought at a good discount from the right dealers. Steve at Tasca will give you a good price quote

Now recently MPR in Florida posted this photo of a 5.8L block with Darton Sleeves installed. Racing Engine Development and Darton developed these new sleeves which allows you to retain the stock bore or increase it. This will allow you to repair a stock block if you have to, but it isn't cheap either.

DartonSleeved58L.gif

Users who are viewing this thread