Finished Installing Procharger Stage 2 Kit

Sizeth3

Established Member
Wow! Very impressed with this kit! First of all, it comes with full color instructions, and all of the components are bagged according to the step you are on.

4508d7116abcd48aa9bae71b029a476c.jpg

The actual kit included an SCT x4 tuner, not an x3 like it says on their site, preloaded with the tune for my car.

It also included 52 lb injectors, not 47 like I have read in a few places.

The install took me about a day and a half, taking my time. It helps to have a friend assist with the installation.

ba1a499631abcf76d09d6c2b4904acac.jpg

5b2169fbf53360018c43de9b33df3885.jpg

61e6605694220b6b4a75d0d8cffdb5b4.jpg

First test drive, I feel like the tune is spot on! Incredible power, when you're in boost the car is a monster, even with Mickey Thompson Drag Radials.

Anyone on the fence about a blower, I am so happy I went this route, you won't be disappointed.

Next I plan on painting the brackets for the intercooler black, as you can see them through the gt500 grille now.

Last edited:

q6543

Established Member
Wait until you get id1000s and a real tune.....100 more horse maybe more

when I ordered my stage 2 kit I called procharger and their tech told me flat out that tune is just a base to get you up and running for a dyno tune

Last edited:

Sizeth3

Established Member
Wait until you get id1000s and a real tune.....100 more horse maybe more

when I ordered my stage 2 kit I called procharger and their tech told me flat out that tune is just a base to get you up and running for a dyno tune
So I am under the impression this is an extremely safe tune though, is that incorrect? I plan on going BAP and tune after I put a cage in my car, that will be a while though.

5lho

Established Member
The 52s and the 47s are the same EV14, they are just rated at different pressures. They are adequate for mild build with the rpm limited to 7K and boost at 7. BAP's a good idea.

Redline8k

Established Member
stupid question but do you think you could keep the factory fogs with the race intercooler? Im not sure Ive ever seen anyone do it so thats why Im asking.

Sizeth3

Established Member
I don't think you can, I will say I didn't have to cut anything to install this kit. I guess the 11 and 12's you have to trim the bumper quite a bit, the 13 fit like a charm.

Sizeth3

Established Member
The 52s and the 47s are the same EV14, they are just rated at different pressures. They are adequate for mild build with the rpm limited to 7K and boost at 7. BAP's a good idea.
It looks like this tune kept the stock redline, yeah if I switch tunes I will definitely do a BAP. It's going to take me a while to get used to the power even on the Procharger tune. Our track can't open soon enough lol :).

fred50stang

Established Member
Looks good.

Not that it matters, Ive been to Medford a couple times. The dragstrip is pretty cool. And I think I might have saw your car there last April.

Sizeth3

Established Member
Looks good.

Not that it matters, Ive been to Medford a couple times. The dragstrip is pretty cool. And I think I might have saw your car there last April.
Nice, where are you located? I love having a track so close, our DA sucks most of the time but what can you do. Have you raced in Medford? What color is your car?

fred50stang

Established Member
I live in GA. I was doing some work with Croman Helicopters for few weeks last April and last week. I had thought about racing the rental Kia while I was there. lol. There was only one newer mustang I saw it was Blue. There was a couple bad ass 65(?) coupe mustangs laying down some 9's.

Last edited:

bunits19714

Established Member
stupid question but do you think you could keep the factory fogs with the race intercooler? Im not sure Ive ever seen anyone do it so thats why Im asking.
I just installed a Stage II with the "race intercooler" and a D1sc head unit and yes the I have the factory fogs on my 14'- plenty of room - I didn't even have to relocate the horns like it said in the instructions.

Last edited:

nowwhat

Established Member
Looks good. I'm glad you posted a positive review because others complain about the filter location and stress on the crankshaft.

Sizeth3

Established Member
I just installed a Stage II with the "race intercooler" and a D1sc head unit and yes the I have the factory fogs on my 14'-

Are the still supplying the noisy fan that others have complained about?
Maybe fog lights would work. I guess I assumed they wouldn't because of the intercooler bracket, and I read somewhere they wouldn't. Maybe that was for the 11/12?

My fan is not at all loud. I was concerned about that as well. I got out to make sure mine was turning on. The supercharger is louder and more "grindy" than I thought it would be, I did not buy the helical gear version.

Sizeth3

Established Member
Thanks for the quick response. I will be purchasing this kit later this year.
You will not be disappointed, after some research I discovered the Stage 2 Procharger is the only Centrifugal kit for a 13/14 automatic that includes a tune, assuming your car is stock.

Users who are viewing this thread