fiore f/w adjuster and steeda quick release quad

compcobra

Established Member
I previously installed the fiore firewall adjuster,steeda quick release quad, and LDC frreplay correction kit. The only problem I have is that the plastic flange on the clutch cable comes into contact with the LH valve cover. Would an adjustable cable fix this? If so what seems to be the best one. The car now shifts well but the cable is starting to look pretty shabby wearing against the valve cover.

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
I dont think a cable would solve the problem, I too am putting on the LDC freeplay kit, Steeda quick release quad. and the Fiore f/w adjuster next week.

Beside the problem you're having how does the car feel? How is it compared to stock?
Thx and a bump for ya.

03DOHC

Established Member
compcobra said:
I previously installed the fiore firewall adjuster,steeda quick release quad, and LDC frreplay correction kit. The only problem I have is that the plastic flange on the clutch cable comes into contact with the LH valve cover. Would an adjustable cable fix this? If so what seems to be the best one. The car now shifts well but the cable is starting to look pretty shabby wearing against the valve cover.
Do you have a picture of what you're referring to? My firewall adjuster didn't make my stock cable hit my V/C.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
I am having the problem with the Steeda quick release and the fiore adjuster. The adjuster ends up having to be backed out all the way to get the clutch to engage at the top of the pedal, but it touched the valve cover.

LDC is thinking about making a fix for this, otherwise until then the only solution is to switch to a quadrant with the stock style sweep (blue quadrant or fiore quadrant)

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
So is it better to get the Steeda Quick release quad and fiore adjuster, OR to get both the Fiore adjuster and quadrant?

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Obviously I just stated the Fiore adjuster will be backed out all the way if you use the steeda quick release. This is because the quadrant design is very steep. Any other quadrant will work fine, including the Fiore one.

knowfreed0m said:
So is it better to get the Steeda Quick release quad and fiore adjuster, OR to get both the Fiore adjuster and quadrant?

compcobra

Established Member
knowfreed0m said:
I dont think a cable would solve the problem, I too am putting on the LDC freeplay kit, Steeda quick release quad. and the Fiore f/w adjuster next week.

Beside the problem you're having how does the car feel? How is it compared to stock?
Thx and a bump for ya.

It shifts and feels way better than stock. Pedal effort has increased a little, not by much. The only problem is that it hits the valve cover, which will bother you if you are picky like I am!

compcobra

Established Member
ChicagoMike said:
I am having the problem with the Steeda quick release and the fiore adjuster. The adjuster ends up having to be backed out all the way to get the clutch to engage at the top of the pedal, but it touched the valve cover.

LDC is thinking about making a fix for this, otherwise until then the only solution is to switch to a quadrant with the stock style sweep (blue quadrant or fiore quadrant)

Do you know how hard LDC is thinking about making a fix for this? How much clearance would I have between the valve cover and adjuster with a non quick release quad?

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Right now it's not going to be a public product. I know the LDC guys personally and Dan is yet to install the exact same setup as I have. If he runs across the problem, he will attempt a workaround without having to change the adjuster, quadrant or DFX clutch. If he does figure out a way, I will have this installed on my car. Worse case you switch to a standard quadrant (ie. Fiore quadrant). It's bad that it's hitting the valve cover because if the motor torques (moves) hard enough it will hit the adjuster and possibly damage/tear your firewall.

compcobra said:
Do you know how hard LDC is thinking about making a fix for this? How much clearance would I have between the valve cover and adjuster with a non quick release quad?

TRBO VNM

is the steeda quadrant only a single hook? if it is triple you might want to change the hook you have it on. I have the fiore adjuster and UPR triple hook and have no issues. my cable is on the middle hook.

also, DO NOT go with an adjustable cable. I have not heard of one person who put one in and kept it there. they suck and factory is going to be the best bet. Maximum Motorsports has a nice writeup on their site about factory verse adjustable and they do not sell adjustable anymore because they are not made to the same quality as factory.

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
The Steeda quick release is a single hook I belive and has no adjustment.
They also make a "Double Hook" which is what I ended up buying that allows you to adjust for a softer pedal feel.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
The quick release quadrant is WAY different and is preferred when using the DFX clutch. The DFX clutch tends to chatter more because the standard quadrant takes longer to engage/disengage.

With the quick release, the ramp is steep, to the cable pulls faster BUT pedal effort slightly increases. But the payoff is no chatter, it just jumps on/off

Mike

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
I've got the Fiore adjuster and Steeda quick release and there are no clearance issues with the valve cover. I've got at least 1/4" gap.
Here's some pics:
CarStuff093.jpg
CarStuff092.jpg

Last edited:

compcobra

Established Member
Thats strange my car has only 4000 miles, clutch hasn't had a hard life. What would cause yours to have clearance and not mine. Chicago Mike also stated he has the same problem as me. Are you running a stock or aftermarket clutch, badboy? Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

Last edited:

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
If you have the DFX you'll notice the pedal will be SUPER light and it will chatter more with the standard sweep quadrant

compcobra said:
Just ordered the fiore quadrant. Hopefully that will give me some firewall clearance.

Users who are viewing this thread