First 10 Second M6 GTO in the USA

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
Of all the 9 and 10 sec GTOs, all of them are stalled autos. Diff Techniques in Australia had the first 10 second manual GTO at 10.94 but they did it with fats/skinnies, 3.91 gears and weight reduction.

I did it today on a T&T so-so prep. The air was great for drag racing but it was a little cold for the track so we had to baby it out of the hole for the most part.

I'm at the office computer posting this because I just moved into a new place and have no internet yet so replys may be a little slow. These are the stats . . .

60ft____1.762
330ft___4.740
1/8_____7.149
1/8mph_102.14mph
1000ft__9.210
1/4_____10.928
1/4mph__131.55

Race weight with me in it was approx 3860 (~3680 car + 180 me)

Th launch was soft due to the track giving away so I knew I had better ETs in me but the tower and tech didn't want me to run anymore . . .:cuss:

This is what's cool about this run:

2004 LS1 GTO (not 6.0 liter)
18 inch DRs (not fats/skinnies)
Full weight car (not stripped interior, ect)
Trailer Hitch (more weight)

I must admit that I did take the floormats out but otherwise I was almost stock weight. . .

Mods for who wants to know: 2004 LS1 M6 GTO

Vortec SQ S-Trim at 9.5lbs, FMS F10 cam (228/228 - .576/.576 @ 112LSA), Pacesetter LTs, SLP P&P TB, Stock 06 exhaust w/ Magnaflow rears. Oh, and floormats removed!

DaGTO

Established Member
congrats!.......again lol

oh and Doc..u need to change your avatar quote to "Local 10 second GTO"

Last edited:

CantDrv55

Banned
Congrats on the time sir....nice to see the GTO's finally catching up to what Cobra's have been doing for the last 3 years.
grizfruit.gif

TRXboy

Established Member
CantDrv55 said:
Congrats on the time sir....nice to see the GTO's finally catching up to what Cobra's have been doing for the last 3 years.
grizfruit.gif

Alot of F-body people said that about the 03 Cobra when it was released....

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
Tman said:
Nice times! Congrats, do you think if you would've gone full out from the get go it might've been a 10.6xxx run?:beer:

I think that after the re-prep I may have squeezed out a high 1.6 60ft on the spray which would have had me in the 10.60s. I need to get my bars installed.

Last edited:

CantDrv55

Banned
TRXboy said:
Alot of F-body people said that about the 03 Cobra when it was released....
Yeah, and it took about what, 8 months before they changed their minds.

TRXboy

Established Member
Ummm...Huh? You said it took the GTO 3 year's to do what the 03 Cobra has been doing. If thats the case it took ford 9 year's of SN-95 production to do what the last generation F-Body was doing - Or so alot of F-body guy's would argue.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Congrats Doc. That's one fast GTO. We still need to hook up at SGMP. Would be a good race although you have me outpowered. I am on fats and skinnies. I can't afford horsepower so I have to make what I have work for me. Congrats again, that is haulin the ass.

baldNittos04

Established Member
TRXboy said:
Ummm...Huh? You said it took the GTO 3 year's to do what the 03 Cobra has been doing. If thats the case it took ford 9 year's of SN-95 production to do what the last generation F-Body was doing - Or so alot of F-body guy's would argue.

:poke:
hes saying it took 8 months for a 6spd 03 cobra to break into the 10's after they were released. Much shorter time than the GTO's which came out a few years ago.

Anyway congrats on the times, a 6spd 10 sec anything is pretty fing sweet :rockon:

CantDrv55

Banned
baldNittos04 said:
:poke:
hes saying it took 8 months for a 6spd 03 cobra to break into the 10's after they were released. Much shorter time than the GTO's which came out a few years ago.

Anyway congrats on the times, a 6spd 10 sec anything is pretty fing sweet :rockon:
:bowdown: For having comprehension, unlike some people.

99Rio

Established Member
DOC- That's an awesome time/mph...congrats!! What a/f ratio are you running? I see that you're making 9.5#'s of boost...are still running stock internals? I have thought about swapping the pulley on my procharger to push me beyond the 8#'s that I am at now, but that makes me a little nervous since I still have factory internals. Maybe I am asking you to compare apples to oranges (Cobra vs GTO)...does the LS1 hold up better w/ forced induction?

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
99Rio said:
DOC- That's an awesome time/mph...congrats!! What a/f ratio are you running? I see that you're making 9.5#'s of boost...are still running stock internals? I have thought about swapping the pulley on my procharger to push me beyond the 8#'s that I am at now, but that makes me a little nervous since I still have factory internals. Maybe I am asking you to compare apples to oranges (Cobra vs GTO)...does the LS1 hold up better w/ forced induction?

I really dont know if one is better then the other on forced induction. I do know the LS1 bottom ends have held up to 650 rwhp on a good tune.

I run 11.7:1 off the spray and 11.4 on the spray. My car is tuned for 93 octane but If I'm going to the track and will spray I do usually splash in some 100 for safe keeping!

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
F8LSNAKE said:
Congrats Doc. That's one fast GTO. We still need to hook up at SGMP. Would be a good race although you have me outpowered. I am on fats and skinnies. I can't afford horsepower so I have to make what I have work for me. Congrats again, that is haulin the ass.

Thanks man. We do need to hook up for sure. I'll PM you.

Doc

TRXboy

Established Member
99Rio said:

Hold up better in comparisson to what? An 03/04 Cobra motor? Not a chance in hell with out swaping out the internal's of the LS1. If you are talking about your 99 Cobra, then Both the LS1 and 99-01 Cobra motor can handle (pretty much) the same amount of boost on stock internal's.

baldNittos04 said:

Thank you, I understood what he said. The fact is he is rubbing it in that it took a GTO to break 10's when his 03 cobra did it in 8 Month's. It only took ford 9 year's of SN-95 development to make it that easy.

Anyway, I can't believe I havent even said congrat's on the time's, Sick car man.

Users who are viewing this thread