First coyote kill

Poppacapp

Established Member
So, let me get this straight....i got smoked by a SUV, and then, your car has 144k miles and is falling apart, but you beat a 412hp new car. spinning.

Seriously man. I'm thinking you have an instant credibility issue here. lol.

and this:::

i will be as kind as possible......i cannot race anything with the tires i have on the car now in cold weather. they behave like teflon and are plain nasty below 35 degrees. so it could happen. Run above 75 degrees and its impossible for you to win against one like mine.

I am going to agree with the tire issue. With my GT500, the factory Goodyears during 40-50 degree days are useless.... I HONESTLY would have lost to a Kia from a stoplight race. It was THAT BAD. Now with the 555r's... well.. different story...

Poppacapp

Established Member
So?

Referencing your military service as if you're some sort of national hero is disrespectful, IMO.

I will agree with your side of it too. I guess it should not have happened on both ends. :beer:

LS2GTO

Established Member
...however, if the 5.0 broke the tires loose even for a short period of time and the race was short, it would be tough for the 5.0 to make up what was lost.

However, the cobra spun 1st 2nd and 3rd gear...and the race was a not so short one to 110mph (which given a stock cobra's trap speed this took place over more than 1/4 of a mile). So none of those apply here, but keep trying.

Sly Fox

Established Member
I'm still lol'ing at the cobra spinning 1st and 2nd with stock 3.27's and bone stock motor. Must have been raining.

gearhead08

Established Member
I am going to agree with the tire issue. With my GT500, the factory Goodyears during 40-50 degree days are useless.... I HONESTLY would have lost to a Kia from a stoplight race. It was THAT BAD. Now with the 555r's... well.. different story...

555Rs are so sweet for street use I love them!!

Poppacapp

Established Member
555Rs are so sweet for street use I love them!!

+12,576.98 :rockon: Much more fun to drive when not blowing the tires off. Can't wait for warmer temps.. 2nd gear roll from 40 will still spin, have to feather throttle a little.. but 3rd and 4th... pure joy. :burnout:

Poppacapp

Established Member
I love these threads. No one online beleives it's possible for a slower car to beat a faster.

I beat a 1500hp Twin Turbo Gallardo the other day. I accellerated like hell from a stoplight and left him behind. He was still parked in the mall parking lot.... but I won......dammit. :D

Jroc

Established Member
Well I would say if the OP did win this it sure wasn't because his car is faster. For one new 5.0 Mustangs has a very good T/C system that hooks up extremely well out the hole and way better than any factory Mustang before it, and two a Coyote kill is even something for a stock Terminator to boast about, and a stock SN95 Cobra sure isn't faster than a stock Terminator. Stock Coyotes have managed low/mid 12's in some cases.

Last edited:

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Look, I was running stock 235/50/18 Pirelli Nero Zeros all season radials then switched wheels and tires to Nitto 555r 275/35/19 on charcoal AMR 19s. On cold roads those Nitto's are absolute junk, the Pirelli's hooked way better to my disbelief. I lost to a pick up truck sporting wider, better summer tires on cold streets. If I were racing the OP's Cobra he would have crushed me worse than the Dodge pick up truck.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
I love these threads. No one online beleives it's possible for a slower car to beat a faster.

So you honestly believe OP's bone stock SN95 cobra beat a coyote? I really want to know your answer

The worse I've seen a coyote do in the 1/4 is 13.4 @ 104mph. Can any human being get a stock SN cobra
Into The mid 13s?

Look, I was running stock 235/50/18 Pirelli Nero Zeros all season radials then switched wheels and tires to Nitto 555r 275/35/19 on charcoal AMR 19s. On cold roads those Nitto's are absolute junk, the Pirelli's hooked way better to my disbelief. I lost to a pick up truck sporting wider, better summer tires on cold streets. If I were racing the OP's Cobra he would have crushed me worse than the Dodge pick up truck.

Ok in my opinion even if you spun OP said he spun through third I think it was, so to me there's no way if both cars are spinning that the weaker one will win once both get traction.

Sent from straight outta Compton a Yung brotha named 5DEUCE writin on Tapatalk sippin lemon juice

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
If it wasn't for the spinning I could see the op winning. Think he was racing a V6 though. I did a thread over a year ago dragging a vette with my Acura TL. Everyone was butt hurt because the vette was the faster car. Plus I was giving him thumbs down. 15 - 20 degrees outside and I was dragging him from light to light. AWD was putting in work while the Vette fish tailed through the gears

Poppacapp

Established Member
If it wasn't for the spinning I could see the op winning. Think he was racing a V6 though. I did a thread over a year ago dragging a vette with my Acura TL. Everyone was butt hurt because the vette was the faster car. Plus I was giving him thumbs down. 15 - 20 degrees outside and I was dragging him from light to light. AWD was putting in work while the Vette fish tailed through the gears

The only problem with that is..... the new 3.7's are actually faster than his SN95.... :poke:

CobRoush-00

Established Member

I honestly believe a slower car can come ahead in a race with a faster car depending on several situations like road conditions, driver errors, mechanical failure, etc... However in the OP's original statement, he claimed he was spinning in first while the coyote was at his door. He continued to spin in second and the coyote was at his rear quarter panel. How did that happen?:shrug: Then the tires finally hooked and he was gone. Now, unless that coyote was running on two legs, there is no way the OP could have killed it......LOL. If the driver of the coyote spun as well (possible) his tires eventually hooked as well at some point if he was only one or two cars length behind when the OP reached 4th gear. Remember the OP's car is bone stock. For it to spin that much with the stock gears, there must have been ice on the road or something slippery. I wish the owner of the "Lime Green Coyote" was a member here to clarify all this. By any means we all speculate from the OP's statement as we are well aware that anything can happen in a race.

gearhead08

Established Member
+12,576.98 :rockon: Much more fun to drive when not blowing the tires off. Can't wait for warmer temps.. 2nd gear roll from 40 will still spin, have to feather throttle a little.. but 3rd and 4th... pure joy. :burnout:

Im hooking In 40ish degree weather running 305 45 18 555rs little extra side wall at 25psi. Feather through a lil of first and hooks with 2nd gear scratch I think im benefitting from the extra sidewall for sure. I also have stock 3.31's so the larger tire actually makes for a bit longer gearing I beleive also.

Last edited:

Dragu1a

Established Member
spinning all the way thru 1st, he's at my door, hit 2nd spinning once again, then tires finally hooked

quoted for quick reference

Ok in my opinion even if you spun OP said he spun through third I think it was, so to me there's no way if both cars are spinning that the weaker one will win once both get traction.

it'd be different if the OP said he hooked right off the line. but he says he spun through 1st and 2nd and still put 2 cars on him.

there are 3 options for this story.
1- it's bs
2- it was a v6
3- coyote didn't know they were racing

meh :shrug:

Poppacapp

Established Member
Im hooking In 40ish degree weather running 305 45 18 555rs little extra side wall at 25psi. Feather through a lil of first and hooks with 2nd gear scratch I think im benefitting from the extra sidewall for sure. I also have stock 3.31's so the larger tire actually makes for a bit longer gearing I beleive also.

Yeah, I'm sure the 18's help more over the 20's. I run my r's at 30psi on the street, and have driven so far in temps as low as 27degrees. Mostly in the high 30's-40's right now

Users who are viewing this thread