First mods for 12’ GT500

RBB

Established Member
Skip factory blower pulleys and all that nonsense.

Straight to TVS and supporting mods.
Couldn't agree more. Go straight to the TVS....don't bother modding the stock blower. After that - MGW shifter, adj LCAs, UCA, adj panhard bar, heat exchanger.

MastaAce03

Established Member
Couldn't agree more. Go straight to the TVS....don't bother modding the stock blower. After that - MGW shifter, adj LCAs, UCA, adj panhard bar, heat exchanger.

Agreed here. Only thing I would add at the top of the list are some better tires right out of the gate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Papaw

Established Member
Tires are by far the best upgrade if you're still on the stock Goodyears. And even tho most say go straight to a blower upgrade, I still think it is worthwhile to do a "cold air/pulley/tune" to the stock supercharger. It is an economical upgrade that brings a significant step up in power.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
My car was stock and I did all my mods at once. It's hard to find a stopping point because if you mod one thing, there are 2 or 3 other supporting mods that you need.

For example; add more power, than you need a clutch. Since your doing a clutch, that's a good time to do the shifter etc etc

Here is how I did it a few months ago. And I did EVERYTHING in the 20 days

https://www.svtperformance.com/threads/bone-stock-to-fully-modded-11.1166686/

Must Haves
-Tires
-Cold Air, Pulley, Tune, Heat Exchanger, O/R Mid pipe, lowering springs, lower control arms, upper control arm, panhard bar, alignment

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread