First race in a while: My 911S vs. GT500

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
First off I can't get any races with the GTO anymore. To well known where I live plus it sounds like a pro-stock under any decent throttle LOL . . .

I took the wife out in the 911S last night to get some dinner. On the way home I see a current 1st gen GT500 (white w/ red stripes) 2 cars behind he to the left and he is trying to get around and catch up. I told the wife and also let her know in advance that if it was anything more then stock we are looking at getting an a$$ whooping.

Well, he makes it around and does a SLOW driveby and hangs at my front left bumper. He does this for a few secs then he dumps it (I was in 2nd already :coolman: ) so I follow and it seems like he is not pulling as we go thru 4th. We slow up and get to a light with me behind and the light changes and we all take off easy and I pull to his left and stay in 2nd as I even up with him and I'm sitting at 5K rpms and he stays even and does nothing so I hit it and I'm off. I got 1 car on him and he goes (guess he wanted me to get the hit???). I kept the 1 car lead on him till about 130 and I let off. He didn't gain and I didn't pull. I would say a draw but he let me get the hit and I kept that distance!

My wife was excited and told me I was shifting like lightning :rolling: LOL. She wanted to have another run but he changed lanes and turned off . . .

It was fun and i was surprised that I found one of the few stock GT500s.

Just for your info on the car if you ask. 2005 LE 997/911 Carrera S with the X51 Power package, LT headers, Gambella exhaust and GIAC tune. Makes close to 400bhp. Car weighs in at 3113. Oh, and driver mod :rockon:

IMG_20110115_143557.jpg

whipplecharged0

Established Member
I don't know anything about Porsche's so i will let the others make their assessments. but good run and sounds like your car is pretty stout.

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
Is it all wheel drive? There is a yellow porsche here in my town that I want to run but never see him in anything else other than my work truck

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
So wait,

all I got from this is that you have a GTO that try to pass off as a "holden monaro"?

lolz.......

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
Thanks for the props guys!

Is it all wheel drive? There is a yellow porsche here in my town that I want to run but never see him in anything else other than my work truck

Mine is a 2wd. The 4wd weighs more but with the PDK launch control it is wicked from a dig.

So wait,

all I got from this is that you have a GTO that try to pass off as a "holden monaro"?

lolz.......

Pass it off??? Actually all the Monaros are trying to pass off being a GTO. I just put on all the stuff they took off in Oz land. Exp: On the 04s you just pop the GTO badge off and the pigtails for the side markers are there zip tied out of the way. The 04s have the ability to be left or right hand drive. The 05/06, not so much.

Here are a few pics of my "copy" as you call it. I like it. ;-)

IMG_1769.jpg

TVS5.jpg

IMG_1765.jpg

GTO-Porsche.jpg

Last edited:

T.Man

Established Member
Nice kill Doc and as always, ABSOLUTELY beautiful Monaro. Porsche is pretty sexy too.

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member
Damn I love when I hear people that drive the car the way it should nice kill. Love you cars any video?

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
OP,
That outcome sounds about right to me..Your approx. 400Hp and 3100 lbs makes for a pretty stout ride. That GT500 probably had about 700 lbs on you. Tough to beat that combination of good Hp and a low weight.

BTW..Nice looking cars you have there! :beer:

cobra777

Autographx
Established Member
Great looking cars man. Oh and your wife sounds pretty awesome too. I'd be def in my right ear by second gear. :beer:

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
First off I can't get any races with the GTO anymore. To well known where I live plus it sounds like a pro-stock under any decent throttle LOL . . .

I took the wife out in the 911S last night to get some dinner. On the way home I see a current 1st gen GT500 (white w/ red stripes) 2 cars behind he to the left and he is trying to get around and catch up. I told the wife and also let her know in advance that if it was anything more then stock we are looking at getting an a$$ whooping.

Well, he makes it around and does a SLOW driveby and hangs at my front left bumper. He does this for a few secs then he dumps it (I was in 2nd already :coolman: ) so I follow and it seems like he is not pulling as we go thru 4th. We slow up and get to a light with me behind and the light changes and we all take off easy and I pull to his left and stay in 2nd as I even up with him and I'm sitting at 5K rpms and he stays even and does nothing so I hit it and I'm off. I got 1 car on him and he goes (guess he wanted me to get the hit???). I kept the 1 car lead on him till about 130 and I let off. He didn't gain and I didn't pull. I would say a draw but he let me get the hit and I kept that distance!

My wife was excited and told me I was shifting like lightning :rolling: LOL. She wanted to have another run but he changed lanes and turned off . . .

It was fun and i was surprised that I found one of the few stock GT500s.

Just for your info on the car if you ask. 2005 LE 997/911 Carrera S with the X51 Power package, LT headers, Gambella exhaust and GIAC tune. Makes close to 400bhp. Car weighs in at 3113. Oh, and driver mod :rockon:

IMG_20110115_143557.jpg

Nice pic.

Users who are viewing this thread