first run with a c6z06.the outcome was shocking

Camaro99SS

Established Member
I know WUPLASH and can vouch for how well his car runs. I wasn't there to see the run, but in roll racing a ~4-5mph trap speed difference can easily be made up by a good driver and a mediocre driver.

Plus the nights have been pretty cool around here, and we all know cool air is good for the Eaton.

Jason

rk_2000_Z/28

LS1 to SVT
Established Member
Good kill man! I'm not surprised at all. The numbers in your sig are very close to the numbers of the "average" Z06 out there (some are better some are worse). Plus, add in the "on the street" factor and the extra passenger than I can totally see you creeping past this guy. It's too bad that you couldn't get a an even, side-by-side run with him.

jbusmc1986

Got Sig?
Established Member
yeah.... its very possible, anything can happen, you were just a better driver for sure. And btw c6 z's are easy low 11, high 10 cars stock on just drag radials. The best on stock runflats so far is a 11.20 to my knowledge.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
C6 Vette said:
Because his and most pullied cobra setups are right around the 450-470rwhp mark and thats not enough to overcome the weight and drag coefficiency disadvantage that Cobra's possess when going up against a C6Z . To be honest with ya most pulley Cobras out here in the west where the D/A's are horrible they tend to average low to mid 12's...Perhaps his 11.6 was at a WELL prepped track in FAVORABLE conditions on some Mickey Thompson slicks....:shrug:

No one is denying the validity of his kill, but you have to admit 11.6 with a pullied Cobra is about as rare as a Z06 running high 10's with DR's...its happened , but its not the norm

Good points.

And Camaro99SS that little video clip really made me laugh, do you know the guy with the black trans am?

C55AMG

Established Member
C6 Vette said:
To be honest with ya most pulley Cobras out here in the west where the D/A's are horrible they tend to average low to mid 12's...Perhaps his 11.6 was at a WELL prepped track in FAVORABLE conditions on some Mickey Thompson slicks....:shrug:

No one is denying the validity of his kill, but you have to admit 11.6 with a pullied Cobra is about as rare as a Z06 running high 10's with DR's...its happened , but its not the norm

Its kinda true about about what you say about alot of cobra owners i see at the track. Most dont drive it aggressively as they should, or dont have a good tire resulting in 12 sec ETs.

I dont know about his 11.6 but mines was done on DRs, with his car being a coupe i think he can probably run faster, as i expedct mines to be with my new clutch :beer:

Camaro99SS

Established Member
RedRocketMike said:
And Camaro99SS that little video clip really made me laugh, do you know the guy with the black trans am?

I have no idea who the guy rowing the black T/A is or where it came from, lol. I saw the video on another guy's signature in a Jeep forum and had to put it in my siggy. :-D

Jason

Lethal SVT97

BLUEVNM
Established Member
nice death to the z06. i have seen one z06 in my town and hopefuuly i'll be seeing him again with me in the cobra.

NJ04Cobra

DUMPS FTMFW
Established Member
Good kill man!
They are fast cars for sure, even stock.
I ran one last week out of the toll booth on the highway, 2nd gear run 30 mph up through 4th. We both hit it the same time and I pulled him 1.5 cars. I'm sure if we kept going his aerodynamics would have taken over.
Anyway, I have an upper and lower pulley, CAI, 3.73s in a Solid rear, so I'm a little lighter than other Cobras.:rockon:

RixSikcobra04

This is NOT an unbelievable story. Very nice kill, bro:beer: :rockon:

I've yet to run into one in a racing situation, I can't wait to hopefully post a "good kill" when it does occur.:burnout:

CLUTCH

Established Member
i wouldn't be surprised on that outcome. You have a ton of power in the cobra and it's not gonna just roll over and let a zo6 run on you in that short time frame.

I'd put a little zo6 badge with a line through it on your car. You got one for now, maybe the next encounter will be different.

horseplay

Crazy MMA Junkie
Established Member
Nice Runs.... Anything can happen, Nice Runs... That video Clip in your sig Camaro99SS Is great, Very Funny ;-)

Lightning&Mach1

Established Member
Wuplash you told my father friday at sonic you have never had the car at the track since there aren't any good 1/4 mile tracks around here. So where did the times come from?

Users who are viewing this thread