first run with a c6z06.the outcome was shocking

wuplash

Established Member
StevesBuddyAntz said:
Nothing better to do then sit around for 20 minutes in a parking lot and stalk a guy in a z06?

at that time of the morning when i thought my playtime with the cobra had ended as i was putting it up for the night,yes what better way to end a night by running a 06 z:-D

jtmach1

Newb
Established Member
Nice kill man.....I think it's funny you saw a vette and actually sat across the street and waited for the owner to come out so you could follow him...ha ha ha....a bit strange, but nice kill.

Lightning&Mach1

Established Member
Nice kill by the way. Didn't want to sound like a dick asking about the times. Yeah I forgot you told us about the hearing thing. The thing is here in e-hole i have run into alot of people who will make up their 1/4 mile times. Thats just one thing that bugs me.

Emin

Banned
Camaro99SS said:
I know WUPLASH and can vouch for how well his car runs. I wasn't there to see the run, but in roll racing a ~4-5mph trap speed difference can easily be made up by a good driver and a mediocre driver.

Plus the nights have been pretty cool around here, and we all know cool air is good for the Eaton.

Jason

LMFAO at the VIDEO with the guy rowing the boat with the ws6... looks like that corvette got smoked :thumbsup:

countrysquire

Search then Ask
Established Member
Good kill. Your track times are about right. That's about what my 03 ran with a 2.8, cai, exhaust and tune. That was on MT streets. Driver mod is important.

wuplash

Established Member
thanks for all the compliments.not to get to far off this thread,but might get to test my cobra against a snake of another breed sometime soon like a srt10viper droptop who i think wants to run me.only thing i know is the cats are off and has a corsa exhaust plus it has a 100 shot.he would not spray if we decide to run sometime.anybody want to guess the outcome????

torchred99

Established Member
We don't have a sports bar in town.......Only a 7 eleven........I think I better wear sunglasses so no one can recognize me as the torchred stalker :D

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
C6 Vette said:
If your trapping 122mph and running 11.6 ET's with your 455whp and 499TQ you definately got the "good driver" mod on your side....and yes anything can happen on the street.....Nice kill

not to mention she was probobly in the car screaming at him to stop like my wife does...................she says "i'll call the police"

nice kill

Last edited:

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Your car puts down nearly identical rw #s as mine. Nice kill. It would've been nice to see both cars punch it at the same time.

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
Seems like a very valid race to me, especially considering your numbers... what's with all the doubters?

Good kill man!

JoyRydn 03

Established Member
Steeda30 said:
Repeated testing between my Cobra and my friends stock C6 Z06 from 50 -140 and 60 - 150 pulls he would consistently pull ~1.5 cars. If he had a 170 lb passenger and I didn't, it would be dead even.

In a proper race, a pullied Cobra would get pulled pretty good by a C6 Z stock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WsCnpQ5Y0M

With your HP and TQ you should take the vette in these runs! I watched the vid! Sounds like your car is in 3red gear at 2000 rpms when you bothe nail it!

Wuplash! Good Kill man! NO FEAR!!!!!!

Robz

Established Member
RedRocketMike said:
Why do so many of you seem suprised that he won? He's running 11.6 at the track. The times I've read the new Z06 having are between 11.7-12.0.
His 1/4 mile times are with drag radials. A good driver in a c6z with drag radials should be running very low 11's and that's only because the stock clutch will only take high 1.6x-1.8 launches. Some c5Z's have run low 11's with just bolt on's and tires.

Last edited:

SCM3

Established Member
With only having 455rwhp you stayed dead-even with a C6Z... Have you knocked off a few 100lbs from your car or is it stock weight?

wuplash

Established Member
SCM3 said:
With only having 455rwhp you stayed dead-even with a C6Z... Have you knocked off a few 100lbs from your car or is it stock weight?

not trying to come off as making excuses,but when my cobra dynoed the 455 my intercooler coolant z tube hose blew off and sprayed the motor and pulleys with fluid.i don't know how much it affected the numbers since the first run on a well cooldowned motor said 454.57rwhp when the hose flew off and after a 10 min cooldown we ran it again but i can't find my dyno sheet for the 2nd run right now. i have not knocked of any weight from the cobra and it still has the spare in the trunk,however i don't weigh much about 140lbs:-D

Last edited:

mustangbee

Established Member
what it comes down to is that you won....end of story

you against a C6 Z with a decent driver-very different

Users who are viewing this thread