first set of the new nittos

02SILVERBULLET

horsepower addict
Established Member
I picked up Kyles new Nittos yesterday for him and then took some comparison pics too when he came to pick them up. These tires look loud, stiff, and very very cool lol.

The first set 295/45r18 Nitto NT05's publicly sold, ordered through DMP:
0323091614.jpg

L spare on left, NT05 next, M/T 345, then NT555.
DSC_0091.jpg

Tire tag:
DSC_0095.jpg

Compared to NT555 only:
DSC_0099-1.jpg

FFS

i will have them mounted finially saturday, i also have an extra set since there were double ordered. i need to sell the second set. pm if you would like them. local sale only as you will be able to get these cheaper if you order them most likely, due to the shipping i already paid and the ca taxes.

i paid just over 925 for the set. there yours for that and i can bring them you you if your close, or FFF at Knotts, or ...

02SILVERBULLET

horsepower addict
Established Member
The 555s look like they put more rubber on the ground than the NT05.

it is not always about more rubber, tire design and compound have much more to do with it.

look at the lower hp guys who run 26-27" 10.50 slicks. shorter and narrower but still hook worlds better than the factory size radial.

these are not designed for launch but for responsive steering, and cornering loads. while being extremely predictable at the limit. wich i think the 555's actually do well but when they let go they are gone there is no coming back.

02SILVERBULLET

horsepower addict
Established Member
KIND OF...Stan just bought his new shoes for his truck that has not run in like 3 years now. and i ended up double ordering the new ones for me. photos were taken when i picked up one of the sets from dmp.

jeffthagiraffe

Established Member
The 555s look like they put more rubber on the ground than the NT05.

how dies it look like the 555 has more rubber touching the nt05 is almost all rubber besides the to strips in the middle...like he said its more about the compound then anything. you can have a bald street tire where all rubber is touchin the ground but trust me your not going to get any traction :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread