First stock customer owned demon to beat Dodges 9.65

My94GT

Established Member
Demon Stock: 10.7 @ 129
GT500 stock: 10.66 @ 133
Except the demon stock has run in the 9s by many demon owners already.

yes I’m aware you’re implying with the crate it’s not stock blah blah blah.

the two are very different beasts and impressive in their own ways. The GT500 will run well on a set of welds and MT DR.

PIPO

Established Member
Demon Stock: 10.7 @ 129
GT500 stock: 10.66 @ 133

This guy confirms what I said about the 808 record run and he ran himself a 10.0 on 808 settings.

Attachments

• A798759F-41B2-41F4-BE6D-3741A84FA37E.png
    A798759F-41B2-41F4-BE6D-3741A84FA37E.png
    779 KB · Views: 148
  • AAEE3F70-7B41-4FC0-9DDD-B2A77C7968C3.jpeg
    AAEE3F70-7B41-4FC0-9DDD-B2A77C7968C3.jpeg
    177.4 KB · Views: 128

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
This guy confirms what I said about the 808 record run and he ran himself a 10.0 on 808 settings.
That’s with 808 setting. No mention of the big wide front wheels on at time of runs.

The reason Dodge can’t sell the skinny tires stock is because that are not street dot legal.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Except the demon stock has run in the 9s by many demon owners already.

yes I’m aware you’re implying with the crate it’s not stock blah blah blah.

the two are very different beasts and impressive in their own ways. The GT500 will run well on a set of welds and MT DR.
Where? It should be close to 10 flat but I have yet to see a vid or even pics and time slips of 4 original wide tires running anywhere near that.

My94GT

Established Member
Where? It should be close to 10 flat but I have yet to see a vid or even pics and time slips of 4 original wide tires running anywhere near that.
You’re so hung up on the front runners set up. It comes with the crate it’s stock.

PIPO

Established Member

So the guy I posted ran 10.0@137 on stock nittos and 808 settings. Let’s say he had skinnies....do you think the fat squared tires are going to slow it down by half a second like you’re implying here?

Then on top of that, this one seater the OP is talking about ran 9.7 on 808 mode...do you think the wheels and tires are worth a full second?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
You’re so hung up on the front runners set up. It comes with the crate it’s stock.

It’s not as it’s not street legal. You know the same issue that makes the CJ not legal.

So the guy I posted ran 10.0@137 on stock nittos and 808 settings. Let’s say he had skinnies....do you think the fat squared tires are going to slow it down by half a second like you’re implying here?

Then on top of that, this one seater the OP is talking about ran 9.7 on 808 mode...do you think the wheels and tires are worth a full second?
I’ve expected all along that off the showroom it would run 10 flat. I just have not seen it. My question is has anyone seen this?

PIPO

Established Member
You're asking on the wrong forum. Go too helllcatforum.org and you’ll get the answer. I had been following anything Demon related since the beginning. I’ve owned 7 myself.

My94GT

Established Member
It’s not as it’s not street legal. You know the same issue that makes the CJ not legal.

I’ve expected all along that off the showroom it would run 10 flat. I just have not seen it. My question is has anyone seen this?

Yet they are sold with the car as an oem option just like leather and a sunroof and the car is street legal. As such it’s all part of it. Meanwhile they just released a non street legal challenger drag only car. Did they work the legal loop holes, hell yes, is it all “stock” now...YES.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Yet they are sold with the car as an oem option just like leather and a sunroof and the car is street legal. As such it’s all part of it. Meanwhile they just released a non street legal challenger drag only car. Did they work the legal loop holes, hell yes, is it all “stock” now...YES.
No it’s not. Which is why no demon has been delivered to the dealer with skinny front tires.

Dodge took a huge risk in including the skinny front wheels/tires aftermarket after the original purchase. Kudos to Dodge!

PIPO

Established Member
The cheapest I sold one was $115k so...

The more we talk about Demons, the less chances I have to flip GT500s :(

My94GT

Established Member
No it’s not. Which is why no demon has been delivered to the dealer with skinny front tires.

Dodge took a huge risk in including the skinny front wheels/tires aftermarket after the original purchase. Kudos to Dodge!

they don’t need to be delivered on the car, if a car comes with all weather floor mats wrapped up on the side when you purchase it, is it not stock? While I know I’m going extreme it still works. The car even with the crate is tagged and toad driven, what wheels the owner chooses to use from there is up to them so again....stock. Loopholes galore but still stock.

ford damn well could do the same if they wanted with a GT500 drag edition but they choose not to. However if they did it would still be stock.

PIPO

Established Member
I wouldn’t cry foul if a stock powertrain GT500 on race fuel, DR’s and skinnies ran quicker times. That would be a more fair comparison.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
they don’t need to be delivered on the car, if a car comes with all weather floor mats wrapped up on the side when you purchase it, is it not stock? While I know I’m going extreme it still works. The car even with the crate is tagged and toad driven, what wheels the owner chooses to use from there is up to them so again....stock. Loopholes galore but still stock.

ford damn well could do the same if they wanted with a GT500 drag edition but they choose not to. However if they did it would still be stock.
1. Anything purchased after point of sale at the dealer is after market.
2. The wheels are not street legal. No dealer can sell a demon with skinnies on the car or included in the purchase of said car.

if Ford did the same, it would be aftermarket/non stock.

PIPO

Established Member
Well, look up the records. It doesn’t say anything about fastest production car with aftermarket parts. Case closed brother.

Users who are viewing this thread