First stock customer owned demon to beat Dodges 9.65

My94GT

Established Member
No they can’t! The skinny wheels are non DOT legal. Which means you can’t drive the Demon on the street legally as it was set up on the 9.65 pass.

The 9.65 Demon is just as illegal to drive on the street as the CJ.

What does the Demon run as a street legal car? I don’t know, no one will answer me!

So now it has gone from what’s stock to what’s street legal? Get out of here man, window tint can be illegal, are we discrediting anyone that does that to their car and claims “stock”

As far as what does the car run in full weight trim on lower setting I’m pretty sure that was outlined above. If that’s not good enough then hop over to the demon section of the hell cat forum and ask the owners directly.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
So now it has gone from what’s stock to what’s street legal? Get out of here man, window tint can be illegal, are we discrediting anyone that does that to their car and claims “stock”

As far as what does the car run in full weight trim on lower setting I’m pretty sure that was outlined above. If that’s not good enough then hop over to the demon section of the hell cat forum and ask the owners directly.
What I’m saying is it the wheels are not stock as it is not street legal.

If the wheels were legal it would be sold as is and not aftermarket.

It is not hard to understand. But believe what you want. The Demon should be the fastest under $100k. Yes faster than the 2 yr newer GT500. I’m just waiting for Dodge or someone to prove this off the showroom!

PIPO

Established Member
No they can’t! The skinny wheels are non DOT legal.

What does the Demon run as a street legal car? I don’t know, no one will answer me!

Driving a demon on skinnies is as illegal as driving your car with no cats.

I already answered that question. Dodge ran a 9.9 on a one seater, 93 oct and all squared tires. Posted a video of a 4-seater running 10.4 on all squared tires on 808 settings. Provided a time slip of another one running 10.0 on 808 settings. The one talked about on here ran 9.78 on 808 mode.

My94GT

Established Member
What I’m saying is it the wheels are not stock as it is not street legal.

If the wheels were legal it would be sold as is and not aftermarket.

It is not hard to understand. But believe what you want. The Demon should be the fastest under $100k. Yes faster than the 2 yr newer GT500. I’m just waiting for Dodge or someone to prove this off the showroom!

The whole premise of the demon was that it can be driven to the track on pump gas 100, pull the skinnies out of the trunk and change them on the spot, click off 9s then drive back home with all the creature comforts and a warranty for if you break while at the track.

no manufacturers are doing that, at least not that I’m aware of for a vehicle that has a vin and can be tagged and insured. So yes dodge has already done what they set out to do. They did it right off the showroom you just don’t like the dog and pony show that they had to abide by to get it done.

they don’t have something to stack against the GT500 but that wasn’t around then and I really don’t think it would have mattered anyway.

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Driving a demon on skinnies is as illegal as driving your car with no cats.

I already answered that question. Dodge ran a 9.9 on a one seater, 93 oct and all squared tires. Posted a video of a 4-seater running 10.4 on all squared tires on 808 settings. Provided a time slip of another one running 10.0 on 808 settings. The one talked about on here ran 9.78 on 808 mode.

So then there isnt an official number. So i guess the red eye 10.7 is the closest official time we will see as an off the show room floor car.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
The whole premise of the demon was that it can be driven to the track on pump gas 100, pull the skinnies out of the trunk and change them on the spot, click off 9s then drive back home with all the creature comforts and a warranty for if you break while at the track.

no manufacturers are doing that, at least not that I’m aware of for a vehicle that has a vin and can be tagged and insured. So yes dodge has already done what they set out to do. They did it right off the showroom you just don’t like the dog and pony show that they had to abide by to get it done.

they don’t have something to stack against the GT500 but that wasn’t around then and I really don’t think it would have mattered anyway.
Awesome. So we don’t have a showroom floor as you buy it time.

By the way you can drive any street legal vehicle to the track then make it non legal drag it, switch it back to street legal again and drive home.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
The official number for a one seater Demon is 9.9 on 808 and 9.65 on 840...whether you like it or not.
Lol
So once again there is no official number off the show room floor.

Like it or not neither numbers you provided are off the show room floor.

Now the red eye has a 10.7 and that seems alot closer to what a demon will run off the show room floor.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Please explain why the 9.9 isn’t a number off the show room floor.
You yourself said it had 1 seat. Thats not how the car comes off the show room floor. Not sure why i even have to explain it.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
That’s exactly what I wanted you to say to show you you know nothing about the demon. A base Demon comes with just one seat. All other seats are optional.
So which is it then? You stated 1 seat then stated a 4 seater? So the numbers you provided were from different cars?

Sounds like alot of inconsistency.

PIPO

Established Member
Sounds like alot of inconsistency.

More like a reading comprehension problem.

All dodge records were done with a one seater. There are only 65 one seaters, if my memory serves me right. Leah ran 9.65 and one of the engineers ran 9.66 after hundreds of passes. The night of the record they ran a 9.8 off the trailer. That’s when they knew the stars were lined up for them.

The other times I provided were from private owners including the 9.78 on 808 ran by the demon talked on here. Which happens to be a factory one-seat car. He ran 9.68 on stock Nitto’s and wheels and 9.57 using aftermarket wheels and tires.

The 10.4 was ran by a bone stock, 4 leather seats Demon on all squared tires. By the way, the one seat demons is cloth, not leather. No optioned demons are one cloth seat, 2-speakers, and no trunk carpet. 200 lbs lighter than a full optioned demon if I remember right.

My94GT

Established Member
Awesome. So we don’t have a showroom floor as you buy it time.

By the way you can drive any street legal vehicle to the track then make it non legal drag it, switch it back to street legal again and drive home.

Yes but with any other car it won’t be stock, that’s a hard concept to grasp apparently. If they break launching they won’t be covered in anything other then Street trim where as the demon will because every part is OEM and sold as a package per vin intended to be used as such.

split hairs however you want, dodge created a factory street legal car with a warranty that runs 9s and to put the icing on the cake it really isn’t out of the realm of being something a large segment of gear heads to afford.

Frankly ford could do the same but obviously they have no desire to get involved with the loop holes they would have to work to do so. It doesn’t at all take anything away from the GT500 as it’s going to be a tire and tune away from 9s and is a stellar al around vehicle.

PIPO

Established Member
Two years later and people still can’t get over that the demon is the drag strip King.

Why no focus on the RedEye? They are still in production unlike the demon. The GT500 is faster of the two in showroom trim. In a straight line and around corners.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
More like a reading comprehension problem.

All dodge records were done with a one seater. There are only 65 one seaters, if my memory serves me right. Leah ran 9.65 and one of the engineers ran 9.66 after hundreds of passes. The night of the record they ran a 9.8 off the trailer. That’s when they knew the stars were lined up for them.

The other times I provided were from private owners including the 9.78 on 808 ran by the demon talked on here. Which happens to be a factory one-seat car. He ran 9.68 on stock Nitto’s and wheels and 9.57 using aftermarket wheels and tires.

The 10.4 was ran by a bone stock, 4 leather seats Demon on all squared tires. By the way, the one seat demons is cloth, not leather. No optioned demons are one cloth seat, 2-speakers, and no trunk carpet. 200 lbs lighter than a full optioned demon if I remember right.
Or maybe aftermarket is more important than stock.

Link to the 4 full tires 10.4 run. That still seems slower than it should be. Maybe the front wheels take more time off than you think?

Yes but with any other car it won’t be stock, that’s a hard concept to grasp apparently. If they break launching they won’t be covered in anything other then Street trim where as the demon will because every part is OEM and sold as a package per vin intended to be used as such.

split hairs however you want, dodge created a factory street legal car with a warranty that runs 9s and to put the icing on the cake it really isn’t out of the realm of being something a large segment of gear heads to afford.

Frankly ford could do the same but obviously they have no desire to get involved with the loop holes they would have to work to do so. It doesn’t at all take anything away from the GT500 as it’s going to be a tire and tune away from 9s and is a stellar al around vehicle.
News for you. The Demon is not stock either. As it would be against the law for Dodge or any dealer to sell a street car with illegal non DOT tires.

What have we learned? Demon was the fastest drag car in production under $100k. In showroom condition it’s a lot closer to the GT500 than most people believe.

Lastly, who wants any Mustang anymore now that Ford desecrated it’s name with the e? Not me!

My94GT

Established Member
Or maybe aftermarket is more important than stock.

Link to the 4 full tires 10.4 run. That still seems slower than it should be. Maybe the front wheels take more time off than you think?

News for you. The Demon is not stock either. As it would be against the law for Dodge or any dealer to sell a street car with illegal non DOT tires.

What have we learned? Demon was the fastest drag car in production under $100k. In showroom condition it’s a lot closer to the GT500 than most people believe.

Lastly, who wants any Mustang anymore now that Ford desecrated it’s name with the e? Not me!

I’d rock the Mach E, who knows it could shape up to be the best part of the mustang line up behind the GT500 for all we know.

just so we’re clear I have no interest in the demon other then loving that dodge had the balls to do what they did to fly that through and sell it where it could still be a street legal car.

personally I’d rather have a red eye challenger. If I was dropping 100k though I’d rather have the GT500 at least until we see what the C8Z is all about. Then again I’d rather have a gen V viper over all of them even if it’s dated in its performance some.

PIPO

Established Member
Link to the 4 full tires 10.4 run. That still seems slower than it should be. Maybe the front wheels take more time off than you think.

Go back a few pages and look up the video.
Maybe is the 3 additional leather seats, the 16 extra speakers, 100lbs difference in drivers, different DA and 2-3 passes vs 200-300 passes.

Was in 2018 and 2 years later it’s still the fastest production car. 9.65@140mph.

No one is arguing that 2 years later, Ford built a mustang that’s almost as fast as Dodge’s 2018 halo car....almost.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Was in 2018 and 2 years later it’s still the fastest production car. 9.65@140mph.

No one is arguing that 2 years later, Ford built a mustang that’s almost as fast as Dodge’s 2018 halo car....almost.

2 years and still has the fastest manufacturer production car at 10.4 @ 132.

Users who are viewing this thread