First time at the track tonight

Floridalawdog

Established Member
Well, I finally got the balls to run her at the track. I was really happy with my times, for my first time. Plus I was spinning real bad. I gottawork on that.

Anyways, i made 4 passes. First 2 were nearly identical. 13.148 at 104.98 mph. I think that was respectable.

Pass 3 was a little slower. 13.166, at 104.98 again :shrug: .

Pass 4 was my best pass. 13.050, at 105.27. I really wanted to break into the 12s but just didnt make it. Oh well, i think the times are pretty good, for a truck.

Floridalawdog

Established Member
Rons Bolt said:
Not bad. :beer: Have you considered losing the C&L elbow? Word has it that it kills HP/Tq.
I removed mine after I read this thread.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91904
Well, Ron, did it make a difference. That is interesting. I would have never guessed you would lose power from the elbow.

My 60ft. times were 1.914, 1.917, 2.027, and 1.959. I dont know if that is good or bad.

svtpwd831

4G63
Established Member
Rons Bolt said:
Not bad. :beer: Have you considered losing the C&L elbow? Word has it that it kills HP/Tq.
I removed mine after I read this thread.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91904

hmmmmm......interesting on my truck it doesnt seem to have effected ne thing......i believe that it made my gas milage better....or maybe its because i trained my right foot not to be so bad...hahaha.... but really i wanna hear some input from the guys that have this inlet tube....

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
Great times Sean! Dam I forgot all about going...I've been so wrapped up in trying to get my Lightning that I forgot about the track! :whine:

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member
stangd1909 said:
Great times Sean! Dam I forgot all about going...I've been so wrapped up in trying to get my Lightning that I forgot about the track! :whine:
Your Getting another truck?

Flalawdog, Those 60 ft need to be improved 1.7- 1.8 and you have a 12.8-12.9.

Get the nitto's at 20psi and work on the 60ft. Good Job :banana:

Last edited:

bmfgsxr

Established Member
good times man.. those nittos will get you 1.7's no problem. even if you pull a 1.8 that should get you running 12.8's-12.9's.

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
Nice times. Right on for your mods. But get your 60ft time down, and you'll be showing your budies a 12 sec time slip.

Hint on how to launch... (I do this on F1s, so with DRs it should only get faster...)
F1s, don't do a burn out, just "cleen" them off. Drs, drop psi to 18-20 depending on track temps, and heat'em up good. Stage, in D with OD off. Brake torque to 1400rpms, and when the last yellow turns on, take you foot off the brake, and roll onto the throtle. With F1s you should be at WOT just befor the 1st to 2nd shift, on DRs you should be able to roll it down to WOT in about a second. One one thousand one.

On F1s I got consistant mid 1.8 60 ft times. On DRs, you should see high 1.7s.

Hope this helps.

SvtFireFighter

03SvtFireFighter
Established Member
Sean nice times! Ported Blower you be in the 12's real easy plus like I told you on the phone I know you didnt heat them up because you didnt want to mess up the brakes.
You would of been in the 12's with a 1.8 60 ft. Congrats on popping your cherry buddy.
Joel

bmfgsxr

Established Member
SvtFireFighter said:
I know you didnt heat them up because you didnt want to mess up the brakes.

Joel

whats this about messing up the brakes and heating up the tires?

Thunder Bolt

AKA Ron's Bolt!
Established Member
Floridalawdog said:
Well, Ron, did it make a difference. That is interesting. I would have never guessed you would lose power from the elbow.

April 7th I went to the track while running the C&L elbow. The best pass I made was a 12.48.
The weather conditions were low 70's and 85% humity. I returned to the track on April 9th.
This times I removed the elbow and replaced it with the stock boot. My first pass of the day
was a 12.23. The weather conditions were better though. The temp was 82* w/ 30% humidity.
I spun the tires on every launch after that. My truck definitely had a 12.10 or possibly a 12.0 pass
in her.

Floridalawdog

Established Member
stangd1909 said:
Yes....if all goes as plans I should have it next week! :rockon:
Ohhh yeah, I cant wait for the photoshoot. Any other Ls in Sarasota want to join us?

Joel, I tried to heat the tires but the back of the truck started hopping, so I quit. I thought I was doing something wrong.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
The problem with a brake torque burn out is that it eats the clutches in the rear end. If your going to be doing a lot of them better get a line lock. The wheel hop is bad for the whole drive line. Do you have traction bars?

Floridalawdog

Established Member
Yes, I have truc tracs. The wheel hop was only when I tried a power brake. It lasted a couplke seconds and I quit.

SvtFireFighter

03SvtFireFighter
Established Member
Yeah because your tires didnt have enough water on them. Ill show you next Thursday Ill probally be there with the New Boca Chapter Tune!

Users who are viewing this thread