First time drag racing in a decade or so...thoughts

Tractorman

Greatest dad; Regional Qualifier
Established Member
Last summer I bought a 2005 Corvette M6. It's pretty much stock except for some mufflers. It's been almost 10 years since the last time I ran some track times so I headed down to Wisconsin International Raceway.

I was quite surprised to see the turnout. Seemed like a decent amount of cars. Some newer 5.0's, a few LS1's, ect. One big change was lack of tuners. Back when I used to really race in 02 to 04 there seemed to be tons of them. Kinda made me miss the old scene. I remember trying to gun down a stock 5.0 in my Z24, but just couldn't do it. I remember when I had turbo'd my Z24 and laying the smack on a LS1 Camaro and the look on the dude's face when we made it back to the pits.

Also, I can't drive anymore haha. I couldn't cut a decent 60 foot to save my life. I went from the guy gunning down the big boys with a home built Cavalier to the dude with more money than skills haha. Some built up GTI trashed me from bottom to top.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Last summer I bought a 2005 Corvette M6. It's pretty much stock except for some mufflers. It's been almost 10 years since the last time I ran some track times so I headed down to Wisconsin International Raceway.

I was quite surprised to see the turnout. Seemed like a decent amount of cars. Some newer 5.0's, a few LS1's, ect. One big change was lack of tuners. Back when I used to really race in 02 to 04 there seemed to be tons of them. Kinda made me miss the old scene. I remember trying to gun down a stock 5.0 in my Z24, but just couldn't do it. I remember when I had turbo'd my Z24 and laying the smack on a LS1 Camaro and the look on the dude's face when we made it back to the pits.

Also, I can't drive anymore haha. I couldn't cut a decent 60 foot to save my life. I went from the guy gunning down the big boys with a home built Cavalier to the dude with more money than skills haha. Some built up GTI trashed me from bottom to top.
...but you had fun the entire time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Glad you had fun! Haven't been to the track in a while myself. Transmission needs a rebuild in a bad way, so theres no point in going.

First time to the track blew my mind. Seeing a procharged Jeep SRT8 Cherokee beating up on GTRs makes you re-evaluate life choices lol.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Like Aaron said, you had fun and that's all that matters. You going to re-visit the track for some more action. Practice will be your friend, but again, just continue to have fun.

Users who are viewing this thread