First time to the track this year

Gruca

Established Member
Finally got some nice weather and was able to get to the track. Ran a PB of [email protected]. Third run out, oil pressure light came on, car won’t start. Waiting on my tow home. That’s the way it goes when you gamble I guess. FML.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Damn good run, she was rolling! Sorry about the oil light, you think you broke the gears?

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

Gruca

Established Member
15-17 short block is cheap.. like $2k or less.

Get er done.

That’s what I was thinking. Only issue I can think of is that I was told that I should use the 15 heads and not the 11-14. Not sure why. When I asked why, the response was “Dowhatever you want.” So I stopped asking about it...

Dang bro. Talk about being on top of the world and then that happens. Said a little prayer for ya.

Exactly. My first run of the day was an [email protected] with a 2.1 60. I saw that MPH and was like Holy Shit...2nd run was the [email protected] and a 1.54 60. Third run blew my shit up.

vortecd

Established Member
heads flow better on a '15 may be why. Not enough to make it worth the extra money if you don't have it

Gruca

Established Member
137 is up there man!! Did you datalog the runs? knock or no?
I didn’t log anything. When I got to the end of the track as I was slowing down I saw the oil pressure light come on. I pushed the clutch in and the car died immediately. I coasted around the turn and parked it. I didn’t hear anything loud, I see no oil anywhere. I’ll have to rip it apart to figure out what happened.

PC03GT

Established Member
Don Wood Ford Racing has the gen1 coyote long block with the 15 heads and internals for 6600

Gruca

Established Member
Don Wood Ford Racing has the gen1 coyote long block with the 15 heads and internals for 6600
I’ve checked that site a few times. I also can get the 15 short block for $2k (that’s is with the core charge included already). I haven’t decided which route is feasible yet though. Once I get the engine out of the car, I’ll figure out the extent of the damage and go from there. Either way, once it’s out, I’m not putting the stock one back in if it’s still in working order, which I doubt. I’m either putting in forged internals or going with a new short block.

Last edited:

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Dam that blows. Great mph tho. I know that feeling lol. Them rods just can't handle the power unfortunately.

PC03GT

Established Member
I’ve checked that site a few times. I also can get the 15 short block for $2k (that’s is with the core charge included already). I haven’t decided which route is feasible yet though. Once I get the engine out of the car, I’ll figure out the extent of the damage and go from there. Either way, once it’s oit, I’m not putting the stock one back in if it’s still in working order, which I doubt. I’m either putting in forged internals or going with a new short block.

Good luck, anything is better than the 11-14 platform, they set us up for failure lol

Gruca

Established Member
Gruca,
Do you have a two-step? Did you have any rev limiter issues that run?
No 2-step. No limiter issues either. I revved to about 7,200 and put it in 5th after I crossed the line, I let it slow down and then saw the oil pressure light. That’s when I pushed the clutch in and the car died.

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
Really sorry to hear Gruca. Sounds like over 700rwhp though for those runs looking at that MPH vs others. Scaring me on my E85 tune I am working with Lund on now...

Gruca

Established Member
Damn good run, she was rolling! Sorry about the oil light, you think you broke the gears?

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk
Pretty sure I did. As far as I can tell, no parts fling out of the block. It just seized, which is a good sign of oil starvation. The plan is to start pulling the engine tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread