First time to the track

outlaw105w

Established Member
So this is a 2012 Gt500 with zero performance mods(tuning, pulley etc.). Just the full BMR/Viking catalogue and exhaust. The car did ok. Every pass the car bog/or fell flat on its face. The best pass was a 7.41 with a 1.67 short time.

sorry about the poor video but you can here when she comes off the 2-step .... what iam i doing wrong ?

th_run%202_zpsar0gevhx.jpg

hotford

Established Member
how high is the two step......
7.41 is good for 11.4s..........not bad of a starting point......

Speedboosted

Established Member
Only thing I can think of would be launching higher (more RPM). If it's already high and you're still bogging, maybe try slipping the clutch out a bit before you just dump it.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Stay off the 2 step.

Don't do a long burnout on those tires...they get greasy.

Just do it til you see a little smoke and dry em off on the way out.

Leave around 4,000-4,200....very quickly trading clutch for gas. Don't side step it. You'll be in the 1.50s

bj

outlaw105w

Established Member
Stay off the 2 step.

Don't do a long burnout on those tires...they get greasy.

Just do it til you see a little smoke and dry em off on the way out.

Leave around 4,000-4,200....very quickly trading clutch for gas. Don't side step it. You'll be in the 1.50s

bj

will do, thank you for the advice.

outlaw105w

Established Member
So what is the fastest this setup has gone ?? Suspension, exhaust everything else stick has gone ? I would like to set a goal.

Bbarajas

Established Member
Same thing would happen to me. I have a 2012 Gt500 with M/T Drag radials. I had the Clutch protection turned off with my tune and that helped a lot. When I first took my car to the track it would bog right when I took off and then it fell flat on its face. Also try holding Traction control button for a couple of seconds so you can turn off stability and traction off completely. I think it helped out a little bit but I could be wrong. Good luck and nice time.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
So what is the fastest this setup has gone ?? Suspension, exhaust everything else stick has gone ? I would like to set a goal.

If what people are saying how that 1/8 mile run would be low 11s, you are super quick considering you don't have any power adders (except for the exhaust?). I just hope your clutch survives those 4k launches. You could be in the top ten with a low 11 IIRC.

PM a member here named IronTerp he has a list of the fastest stock blower cars and such...

outlaw105w

Established Member
If what people are saying how that 1/8 mile run would be low 11s, you are super quick considering you don't have any power adders (except for the exhaust?). I just hope your clutch survives those 4k launches. You could be in the top ten with a low 11 IIRC.

PM a member here named IronTerp he has a list of the fastest stock blower cars and such...

thxs guys !!! going back out on Sat. will update ... now just the decision of which blower !!! :)

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
You need to get that on a 1/4 mi track! You are wasting those great launches on the 1/8th mile!

Users who are viewing this thread