fis for the lock out, pedal travel and height

yosvany

Established Member
with an ingenious and getto way of fixing it.

basicaly I adjusted the clutch first till it grabbed the way I wanted and then I looked at the adjuster to see at what height the pedal needed to be before it touched the metal tab and unadjusted itself, I then grabbed a heavy duty tie strap and i forced tied it thru a hole in the pedal and an opening in the bracket that bolts it to the floor therefore taking up the slack at the top of the pedal that makes it unadjust itself when shifting fast, and thats it.

now my pedal is only slightly higher than my brake pedal and thank god no more missed 3rd.

you guys should try it but be careful with the tie strap part because if u adjust the tiestrap too much the clutch will stay engaged..

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
You are going to have serious clutch issues real soon.
You just can't take that much travel out of these clutch systems without giving up something in return.
Either the clutch is not going to release fully or you are going to smoke the TOB because is is putting abnormal pressure on the PP fingers, not to mention the slip that will happen.

You should probably just order your new clutch right now because if you drive the car at all, you'll need it by the time it arrives.

Users who are viewing this thread