Fitting a 3.6LC Kenne Bell under a Super Snake hood

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
Hey guys,

Has anyone fit a 3.6LC Kenne Bell under the new versions of the Super Snake hood on a 2007-2009 GT500?

I realize that the Super Snakes that Shelby offers does provide a 3.6 option, and they have to be able to get the superchargers under the hood. Having spoken to Shelby's customer service department on several occassions, I still don't feel confident that things will clear. I am told it should clear, but if it doesn't for whatever reason, then I will have a very expensive ornament.

Currently I am utilizing a Cervini Type IV Ram Air hood with 1/2" lowering motor mounts, which barely clears the supercharger. I purchased the hood at a time when the Super Snake hoods were not available. My current hood and the Super Snake hood are both heavy.

I want to switch over to a BMR K-Member with the 1/2" lowering mounts with a possible Super Snake hood. It is my understanding that the K-Member may not lower a full 1/2" (that it might be 3/8").

In any event, if anyone has a Super Snake hood on a 2007-2009 GT500 with a 3.6LC Kenne Bell I would like to hear from you. How much clearance do you find that you have? Did you utilize lowering motor mounts or K-Member?

Any details that you wish to share about the quality of the new Super Snake hoods, including fitment issues, would also be welcomed.

Thanks!

Van@RevanRacing

Hey guys,

Has anyone fit a 3.6LC Kenne Bell under the new versions of the Super Snake hood on a 2007-2009 GT500?

I realize that the Super Snakes that Shelby offers does provide a 3.6 option, and they have to be able to get the superchargers under the hood. Having spoken to Shelby's customer service department on several occassions, I still don't feel confident that things will clear. I am told it should clear, but if it doesn't for whatever reason, then I will have a very expensive ornament.

Currently I am utilizing a Cervini Type IV Ram Air hood with 1/2" lowering motor mounts, which barely clears the supercharger. I purchased the hood at a time when the Super Snake hoods were not available. My current hood and the Super Snake hood are both heavy.

I want to switch over to a BMR K-Member with the 1/2" lowering mounts with a possible Super Snake hood. It is my understanding that the K-Member may not lower a full 1/2" (that it might be 3/8").

In any event, if anyone has a Super Snake hood on a 2007-2009 GT500 with a 3.6LC Kenne Bell I would like to hear from you. How much clearance do you find that you have? Did you utilize lowering motor mounts or K-Member?

Any details that you wish to share about the quality of the new Super Snake hoods, including fitment issues, would also be welcomed.

Thanks!

We've installed multiple 3.6 KB and 4.2 KB's on different varietals of the Super Snake hood on actual Super Snakes.

In every instance the 3.6 and 4.2 has cleared the hood with use of the 1/2" Engine Lowering K-Member or 1/2" engine lowering motor mounts.

The latest creation and version of the Super Snake hood has better fitment and requires less prep work than prior years.

Van

Users who are viewing this thread