Fixed blade knives

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
Anyone carry one on a daily basis? If so which one and why did you pick fixed versus folding?

I carry a folder every day, but have seen some fixed blade knives that I like. Can't think of a reason to buy other than "it looks cool".

Blown 89

Established Member
I have an old fixed blade for camping but I can't see a use for daily carrying a fixed blade in the city. I carry folders daily.

CV355

_
Established Member
I don't know what it is but weirdos are drawn to the tracks lol.
Did Revvv send you the Avenger's Foamer edition pic I found? I can imagine you deal with some weirdos out there...

I usually carry a Gerber folder, but I also have a S&W 9" HRT that I clip to the inside of my jacket during the winter. I have a CWP, but more often than not, I'm carrying a knife instead of a firearm.

My sister, at any given time, has at least 5 knives on her. Her Jeep is littered with the things.

If you're looking for a nice fixed-blade, Medford has some gorgeous ones. The "Emperor" is like the fixed blade version of the Praetorian.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Did Revvv send you the Avenger's Foamer edition pic I found? I can imagine you deal with some weirdos out there...

I usually carry a Gerber folder, but I also have a S&W 9" HRT that I clip to the inside of my jacket during the winter. I have a CWP, but more often than not, I'm carrying a knife instead of a firearm.

My sister, at any given time, has at least 5 knives on her. Her Jeep is littered with the things.

If you're looking for a nice fixed-blade, Medford has some gorgeous ones. The "Emperor" is like the fixed blade version of the Praetorian.

Haha yeah Aaron sent it to me.

Tons of weirdos and foamers and every cab driver we get is a felon that's guaranteed.

My wife is the same way especially now since she has the kids 90% of the time. Plus her dads a cop so she has all kinds of weapons stashed.

I look into the blades you mentioned, always looking for some rugged knives as I do use them at work for things other than fighting hobos.

CV355

_
Established Member
Haha yeah Aaron sent it to me.

Tons of weirdos and foamers and every cab driver we get is a felon that's guaranteed.
My wife is the same way especially now since she has the kids 90% of the time. Plus her dads a cop so she has all kinds of weapons stashed.
I look into the blades you mentioned, always looking for some rugged knives as I do use them at work for things other than fighting hobos.

My favorite knives happen to be the least expensive ones. That S&W HRT is like $15-$20. I nabbed the Gerber for $6 at Cabelas on a Black Friday sale. Check out gun.deals | Guns and Ammo Search Engine and Gun Deals for knife deals.

Medford knives aren't cheap. Always wanted a Praetorian Ti but I can't justify the cost. My wife collects Case XX knives, so the living room is decorated with them. She got me a nice OTF for Christmas a few years back, but the safety let go while I was walking one day and the blade shot out and scared the hell out of me. Glad it was pointing down... I keep it in the nightstand now.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

I'm wondering why you prefer to carry a knife over a firearm? The knife doesn't offer near the personal protection a gun would. Unless your name is Crocodile Dundee. LOL.
main-qimg-814fc80e042ec18e1e634875c98f4f1f.webp

CV355

_
Established Member
I'm wondering why you prefer to carry a knife over a firearm? The knife doesn't offer near the personal protection a gun would. Unless your name is Crocodile Dundee. LOL.

When I first got my CWP, I was carrying almost every time I left the house. After a few months, I started to realize it was a hassle and probably not necessary in most places I was going. If I went to get dinner, I didn't feel like worrying if my SP101 was printing. When I first moved to SC, the gun culture was a breath of fresh air compared to how CT was. Then, I started noticing that many (not all, but many) of the gun owners down here were flat out irresponsible and I wanted nothing to do with them (like the Cars & Coffee crowd-eater Mustang owners). The places I felt the most unsafe were at the indoor ranges. The range operators/staff were all responsible and safety oriented, but the customers were idiots.

Since then, I only carry if I'm going on road trips (reciprocity checked of course), hiking, or in a public park after sunset. I'm still totally Pro-2A, but I swear, I'm sick of seeing fat fudds with the butt of a 629 hanging out of their camo overalls in the grocery store. They're only hurting the cause.

Not trying to say "I stopped carrying because other people are irresponsible." More that I gauge where I'm going, and decide accordingly.

Last edited:

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
For self defense, a karambit is very useful. Even if it gets slick, you won't drop it, and it is very hard to have someone take it from you.

The ring can be used as a deterrent too.

It is not worth a damn for cleaning fish thou... :D

E

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member
I carry a fixed blade cleaver and a folder on any day that I'm not in dress pants. This is the cleaver.
c4d0885fc2da600a7980c89826189039.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

M91196

Established Member
bed60a107d59c6e6db072a000b516f5e.jpg

This pikal conceals well, I use different sheath attachments when it’s going IWB or boot.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
SOG Snarl wear it left side next to my front pocket so the end of my belt hides it.
90% of the time my shirt is untucked so you never see it.
I call it my ‘ get off me’ knife.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I carry small.made in my pocket, an Isbosi pen, My benchmark switchblade issued to us old jumpmasters, My normal.cc is a Walter lol but sometimes.I holster up the Sig 220. I do not carry all of these at once. Some.places restrict weapons but never my pen.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd like a quality concealable knife that hides in a belt buckle or somewhere inconspicuous. Even a blade that shoots out from the tip of a dress shoe or boot (ala James Bond or Road House) would be fun.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Small blade pocket knife that's in desperate need of sharpening. Or not to make any criminal very aware of how wrong his decision was. I think for me a K-Bar would be great but EDC I think would be a bit too rediculous.

Im deciding if I want a G48 or the G19 as a daily carry pistol. For some reason Ive gotten really paranoid about driving my GT500 without a firearm. Will be doubly so when I get the engine built and its obvious its more powerful.

Thank God for amazing 2A laws here in Arizona. Constitutional carry is legal here as the founding father's intended.

Users who are viewing this thread