*Flat tinted headlights, tails and other painted crap*

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
I finally got around to tinting the head lights, tails, bumper reflectors, painted a few interior pieces and my intake at 2am the night before the show. I still havent made up my mind to spray the wheels all flat or just the inserts.

Heres some before and after pics. Im probably going to sand the headlights down and polish them again they arent too bright with the tinted windsheild.
Quick engine bay wash with light water sprinkle.
SSPX7432.jpg

Painted intake tube.
SSPX7581.jpg

SSPX7580.jpg

Headlights before
sfbdfed.jpg

SSPX7566.jpg

SSPX7437.jpg

Tails before
8.jpg

scuffing with 400 before prep and spraying
SSPX7434.jpg

SSPX7438.jpg

Still pretty bright at night
SSPX7452.jpg

SSPX7576.jpg

SSPX7571.jpg

I had paint left in the gun, so i sprayed a few more pieces.
SSPX7570.jpg

SSPX7568.jpg

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
IMO, I would get a set of smoked eBay headlamps for everyday use and completely black out your current headlights so it matches the car. That would look awesome.

Edit: Like this

cobra_1.jpg

Last edited:

Sonic_GT

Established Member
I like the before look. It looks like everything has that haze which usually gets on the headlights.

61mmstang94

Established Member
Do you want honest opinions?

If your goal was to destroy your car, you have now reached that point.

Terrible paint job, the headlights and tails look horrible, the wheels look bad with the paint, the missing tail pipes with the shaved rear bumper looks funny, and if your goal was for a murdered out or stealth look, then you missed the point because it doesn't have that look. It just looks like a mustang that was wrecked badly and primered up.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
The good news is if you spray lights with a couple light, light coats of Niteshades or other tint, you can fix it. I liked it before, dude. Props for trying something new, but I'm not feelin it.

I do love the flat black paint, though.

OneFastSnake

Established Member
paint the wheel to complete the look but as it sits right now, ima have to agree with most of the people here you were better off with tint heads and tails. And yes please get some tail pipes on the car. You need a different color to accent the flat black, repaint the bottom part of the rear bumper the black it came with stock and it may look better.

F8LBITEva

Alexis Texas' #1 fan
Established Member
meh, its alright but I could understand the whole "F it all" look a little bit more if it was like a 800HP monster. But if you like it ,thats all that matters.

Scottie247

Established Member
I know these matte finishes are becoming popular but honestly, shouldn't paint be shiny? and the painted lights looks like someone forgot to tape off the car before painting it. Sorry but me no like at all.

Users who are viewing this thread