Flex fuel sensor

20redfire03

Established Member
I was talking to a friend recently and E85 came up. He mentioned on the G8s people are installing the flex fuel sensor on their cars so they can switch between E85 and 93 without changing tunes. Is this possible for our cars? He did mention the switch isn't cheap but most mods aren't.

evil281

Established Member
I am curious as well. Last fill at the E85 station this guy with a supra was asking me if I used the "flex fuel sensor". I had never heard of that before he asked.

Stanger00

Established Member
Sure they weren't talking about monitoring ethanol with the flex fuel sensor?

Far as I know if you want true flex fuel capabilities than FAST xFI will allow that to happen.

AKDMB

Established Member
It can be done, these cars can infer ethanol content based on the widebands. All you need is a different tune, no hardware required. I'm not sure that SCT can do it 100%, but I have heard of people apparently using HP Tuners to turn the switch on in the PCM and then use SCT to edit the flex fuel tables. (SCT apparently doesn't have the switch to enable flex fuel operation, but has the flex fuel tables). The flex fuel F150's do this already. Looking forward to more info on this as well.

nsty4vlve

Got Boost?
Established Member
Sct can't use flex fuel. It's meant to run 93-e85 without a tune change. The tune changes as the flex fuel sensor senses ethonal. Hp tuners has this option but not many ppl use hp tuners yet.

Witt

Established Member
It can be done, these cars can infer ethanol content based on the widebands. All you need is a different tune, no hardware required. I'm not sure that SCT can do it 100%, but I have heard of people apparently using HP Tuners to turn the switch on in the PCM and then use SCT to edit the flex fuel tables. (SCT apparently doesn't have the switch to enable flex fuel operation, but has the flex fuel tables). The flex fuel F150's do this already. Looking forward to more info on this as well.

Correct, no sensor needed. The logic exists in the PCM but you have to use 2 different brands of software to take full of advantage of it for now.

Users who are viewing this thread