Floor jack is not jacking up now. Can anyone help?

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
I have a nice 3 1/2 ton floor jack, that I bought from Sams about 10 years ago. It has always been a very reliable, and safe jack. About 1 year ago I noticed, that it was not jack up all the way. It would go 3/4 of the way up, then it went to only half way. Now its only going 1/4 of the way up. I checked the oil level and as soon as I unscrewed it a few rounds, the fluid started coming out. I let my grandpa use it about the time the problems started. He said he put some jack oil in it. Now I am thinking that it is to full, but my question is it says 3/16 to 1/4 of the way full. how do you know how full it is? Now, it wont even jack up at all... I don't want to trash it, because its been such a good one to me. Is there anyway of trouble shooting it? I googled it, but I really did not find anything useful.

Blackness03

Established Member
I think the problem is that it was used on that foxbody so much that it wore out the seals.

That's what happened to my 10 year old jack anyway

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member
My advice would be angle the jack so fluid doesnt come out. Keep putting fluid in until it works. You may have to pump it to get it to accept more fluid.

cbr repsol

Established Member
i had a craftsman one i used 5 times and it wouldnt lift anymore. im sure the seals are gone in yours, im pretty sure they can be rebuilt.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
I was just reading and it could have possibly gotten air in. It was fine until I let my grandpa use it. Ill try the angle idea. I am really hoping it is not bad. All I have is a small jack, and a harbor crap one.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
give it to that kid down the street who won't stop revving at you

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
I have two neighbors. One is a wanna be dazed and confused type racer, the other is a rich retard that his wife rolls a load MDX and he rolls a Mercedes van like american pickers. We just have one tard, and he is in his late 50s he aint gonna take it although I wish he would and it would fall on him, so I can buy his nasty ass house, and mow it down.

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
I have two neighbors. One is a wanna be dazed and confused type racer, the other is a rich retard that his wife rolls a load MDX and he rolls a Mercedes van like american pickers. We just have one tard, and he is in his late 50s he aint gonna take it although I wish he would and it would fall on him, so I can buy his nasty ass house, and mow it down.

Quoted for future incriminating evidence lol

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread