Floor Jack Question

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I'm getting a new paver driveway and I am concerned with my current floor jack with steel wheels damaging it. My question, does anyone make a good floor jack with hard rubber or plastic wheels that will hold up? I guess I could always wrap duct tape around my current one wheels. lol

brigs

Established Member
I had a light grey paver driveway at my last house and had the normal steel wheels - didn't damage anything or mess up my paver coating. I think there's at least a couple with polyurethane wheels - the OTC 5202, or the Compac. I was worried about my driveway but didn't have problems so I stuck with mine, even though the other wheels would have also made it a lot quieter.

08mojo

Established Member
Nothing there.

I'm more worried about dragging it across the driveway.

Strange...it shows up for me. Search for Cooke Pro Eagle Big Wheel Jack

PE-2_Ton-Gunmetal-Straight-Low-2_2048x.jpg

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Little on the expensive side by they do come with Polyamide casters which will stand up to just about anything. Will not damage any floors.

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
I have the Pro Eagle for offroad reasons and it still fits under my lowered Viper as long as I drive up on some 2x4s first.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm more worried about dragging it across the driveway.
Brad, why not buy an aluminum jack? I have one and love it. Light and rugged. You can carry it to your car and then use a rubber mat under the jack.
This is the jack I bought. I looked at a number of jacks, including Harbor Freight, and chose this one because of the positive reviews. It's a 3-ton jack. VERY smooth operation. Very sturdy. Best jack I've ever owned.

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I need to be able lift the whole side of my truck to rotate tires. So a 3 ton for sure.

nxhappy

Established Member
i have the harbor freight low pro. it has been great for years. I slide it all over driveways, no marks at all . and the wheels are metal.

BMSTNG

Established Member
i have the harbor freight low pro. it has been great for years. I slide it all over driveways, no marks at all . and the wheels are metal.
I have one of these also great jack no complaints. I have a textured concrete driveway that has been stained and sealed and this jack leaves no marks what so ever.

Machdup1

Established Member
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I need to be able lift the whole side of my truck to rotate tires. So a 3 ton for sure.
Have you looked at quickjack portable hydraulic lifts?

While a little speedy, short of a two post lift, they are a nice option.

This is their 3.5 ton unit.

BL-7000EXT

I have the 2.5 ton unit.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Use a router and buy a few hockey pucks. Route the center out of the hockey pucks and use them as rubber wheel covers. Glue them into place with epoxy.

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
My floor jack dented my driveway a couple times. Really pissed me off - last time the driveway was cold, so I thought it would be okay. But, the weight of a Taurus SHO was too much.

I'm not convinced plywood would have stopped it, but might try next time.

Users who are viewing this thread