Flowmaster 10 Vs Flowmaster 40 vs M80

97cobraforever

Established Member
Hey guys, I have flowmaster 40's on my cobra and they're a bit rusty and I'm looking for something even louder and new to replace it with.
im torn between the the 3 in my title.
im really into the chambered sound and wondering if any of you guys have flowmaster 10's and know if they louder than 40's.
i don't have upgraded headers or anything much.
just a BBK CAI

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
The 10 series is quite loud, very close to a cherry bomb, and they make a 5.4 3V as loud with factory 4 cats that some get with other mufflers and none/or hi flow cats

crazycarlo

Established Member
I just purchased the M80 for my fox. But I wanted something different then the typical Flows sound. Look up some Cobras with magnapack said......glorious!

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
I just purchased the M80 for my fox. But I wanted something different then the typical Flows sound. Look up some Cobras with magnapack said......glorious!

I will have to agree 100% with this. Magnaflow sounds awesome with our cars. But some Borla or Bassani never hurt either!

Ninjaeric

Established Member
If you want a new catback go mac otherwise replace your 40's with 10's. I welded in 10's to my stock exhaust minus the rear cats and sounds really good. M80 will be just like glass packs which do not sound very good on our cars in my opinion. If you are hesitant about the 10's then get flowmaster super 44's, they are louder than 40's and sound great as well. Flowmaster or Mac!!!

Fox 5.0

Established Member
I posted in your other thread, but :rockon:for the Pypes M80 Bullets. I had them welded in and all other exhaust is stock, I think it sounds amazing. If you have Instagram, I posted a short clip of the Pypes. Search 'KOMOsport' and its the newest post/video.

DiabloGarrett

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I loved the sound of my Flowmaster 40's, but they were pretty rusty and the baffles were falling apart inside. Ive wanted to get the same ones again, but i'm scared of how long theyll actually last. If i was the original owner of the set, with proof of purchase, i couldve gotten them replaced by Flowmaster. They were fully ready to ship me a new set and get the old one back, but i got the truck and parts second hand and couldnt.

Food for thought i guess.

Users who are viewing this thread