flywheel question

Torked03

Established Member
Ok I tried to search but I keep getting an error message.
Basic info for the question. I have a 2003 cobra CAI,tune,Upper Pulley, home ported TB and plenum, MAF, Long tubes and spintech exhaust 38 on the odometer. Canthe flywheel be resurfaced or do I need to look for a new one. I pretty sure of the answer on this one but since the previous owner had the work done I am hoping to hear that I dont have to take off a header to get the bell housing out? Any other mods beside going to 26 spline that I need to do while I have it out?

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i believe mcleod can actually install a new friction element in it for you

i live pretty close to them and called them last week to inquire about that, as i had just removed my flywheel and it needs a new insert.

i was told that they only replace the inserts on their own (mcleod) flywheels.

fwiw :shrug:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
really? they are the oem manufacturer for ford for our terminators? i didn't know that they were that big - but if that's the case, then yeah they prolly would be willing. and sorry bout that - i don't want to give out any bad info.

i didn't mention that to the rep, since my stock one is long gone since being turned once a few years ago. i just took a ram aluminum off, and bought a fidanza from lethal.

Users who are viewing this thread