Focus ST Review

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
The Focus ST is making me debate whether I should go with my orginal plan and buy a Boss, or buy an ST and do something nuts to my 06. Maybe best of both worlds, a corner carver and a straight liner.

2004Droptop

Established Member
Yeah even N/A with moderate mods i'm only getting about 23 combined city/highway. That the same as I used to get with my 1972 2.0L Pinto when I was still a teenager.:-D

Yeah it was blower less for years, best hwy was 29.6 and my mixed commute was true same, 23.3 (I'm anal with the spreasheet, that's exact over 5yrs)?with that said way more fun than a Pinto, drove my brothers several times back in the day. I have 12 sel which nice but I don't think I will be able to resist the ST

Bowtie-X

Oh No.. not a NOOB again.
Established Member
Not sure if you guys already seen it or not but handful of stock ST's been on dyno already and what is very impressive is that they are putting down 260-270fwtq on average. Look like ford gave the ST folks a little surprise. However, the car seem a little on the heavy side at 3300lb? Stock ST's are only doing mid 14's. I'm sure all this will change easily. They got a few good tuners behind them including Cobb power house. I want one lol.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
You ruined me too!

Fortunately I am not willing to take on payments for anything so I'll make do with my 04 SVT Focus.

I was pretty sure Ford was going to NAIL this car, and it sure sounds like they have.

I'm interested to see if a turbo ecoboost version of the Fiesta comes true and what it turns out to be like.

I am a huge fan of LIGHTNESS!:rockon::beer:

Get your hands on one or even go for a ride. It is shocking how legit this thing is. :rockon:

wheelhopper

Established Member
Not sure if you guys already seen it or not but handful of stock ST's been on dyno already and what is very impressive is that they are putting down 260-270fwtq on average. Look like ford gave the ST folks a little surprise. However, the car seem a little on the heavy side at 3300lb? Stock ST's are only doing mid 14's. I'm sure all this will change easily. They got a few good tuners behind them including Cobb power house. I want one lol.

Ford did add some extra punch. They have an over boost program in the computer that increases the boost, therefore power, for about 10 seconds. For passing and immediate accelaration. As far as running mid 14's. The ST is designed as a road course car. I have been in one at VIR for a few laps and the car is amazing. With some minor suspension and engine tweaking it will outrun the earlier 4.6 S197 Mustangs, which are also great road course cars.

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member

It really wasn't designed to be a 1/4 mile monster. That's not really the point of the car....

Users who are viewing this thread