Fog lights in the grill, like 'em?

Do you like or dislike foglights in the grill?

• Total voters

faztcobra

Established Member
I've had my GT for almost 2 weeks and I ditched the fog lights in the grill immediately.
I love that grill. Which one is it? I see Ford Racing, but a quick search didn't turn up anything for me. Also, I assume the switch for the fogs still functions the same for the lights in the C/S valance?

cobra1718

Established Member
the poll is 60-40 against the fogs in grill but it appears that most of the posters like them:dw: The stock fogs are terrible in my opinion. I think if Ford had smoked lens they would look better

five0three

big deal
Established Member
dont like em

62132ceb.jpg

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
I love that grill. Which one is it? I see Ford Racing, but a quick search didn't turn up anything for me. Also, I assume the switch for the fogs still functions the same for the lights in the C/S valance?

Saleen grill.

Fog light wiring is still the same. The valence comes with extenders.

FastRedPonyCar

Powered by Cuisinart
Established Member
I actually like them to be honest. They look fine, are part of the classic old mustang styling and provide a good amount of supplemental lighting on the road when needed.

Obligatory picture of car

tn_Stang_HDR-10.jpg

Skrapmetal

Established Member
One little thing to add... when I say I like them, I mean with the standard headlights. I do not like them as much with the HIDs. They don't look right together.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
One little thing to add... when I say I like them, I mean with the standard headlights. I do not like them as much with the HIDs. They don't look right together.

I was just gonna write:
All you guys say they provide a good amount of extra light, that must be only on the stndrd headlights!?
I have the Stock HID's and I think the Fog Lights are $h!t....I turned them on once and immediately turned them off cause they actually seemed to reduce my HID effectiveness.

Plus the color output is horrifying! LOL
I'm waiting on my CS valance w/Fogs, then I will replace my grille......just not sure with what yet!?
BOSS, ROUSH, not the Saleen with HID's that doesn't look right either IMHO.

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
sorta related but not, how much do you guys think it would cost to have the GT grille surround painted to match body color by a body shop?

Any grille you choose whether you have fogs or not I think would look much sharper painted!

Grant808

Established Member
sorta related but not, how much do you guys think it would cost to have the GT grille surround painted to match body color by a body shop?

Any grille you choose whether you have fogs or not I think would look much sharper painted!

Agreed. I've been thinking about it since I bought the car. I think it would be $200 - $300 depending on the color.

Erich

Established Member
One pro-fog light in the grill vote here. I really like the look with the hood covering the top of the fogs. They light the way nicely too. Also parking lights and fogs on is pretty cool too.
I could do with a nicer grill material tho.
Erich

acrbill

Established Member
Now that I got a HID car I do not like them. I am not going the CS route so I think I am going to tint the fogs and black out the pony. I may even go as far as lightly tinting the headlights as the HIDs look weird.

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
Well it definitely boils down to a matter of personal taste. I love the heritage of the Mustang as much as I love the actual car, so for me I love the retro look of the fogs and the Pony. I did however tint all of them and added HID's to make up for the loss of light. Now I have a menacing look and the retro style. I did yellow HIDs on the fogs to stand out when the lights are on and love that mod too.
StangtintedFront.jpg

Last edited:

rVAStang05

Established Member
I like em. I like the extra light they give, and when yo see those headlights in the dark, you know right away it's another Mustang, different light configuration than most bother vehicles.

Users who are viewing this thread