Fogs lights on w/o parking lights for a vert

cbehr

Established Member
I know this has been covered but after reading 20+ threads I can't find the instructions for doing it(get the error message on an old thread I think covered it).

I want to just run my fogs independent of the headlights switch...I've gathered somehow you tie in the convertible top harness but does this still work on a vert and if so how?

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
How good are you with reading schematics??? I dont have the pictures to guide you but I can tell you what you need to do, see pic #1...

-Unplug pin 2 on the foglamp switch.

-Insulate the end of the removed wire, it can still have a 12V potential when you turn on your headlights.

-Locate and connect a keyed 12V source to pin 2 on the foglamp switch. This will allow the foglamp switch to turn them on/off independently of the Main light switch. This is where the vert top harness came into play, if it wasnt used it was a free keyed 12V source.

Capture.PNG

Additionally if you want your foglights stay on when you hit the high beams do the following, see pic #2.

-Locate the Foglamp relay and remove it from the battery junction box.

-On the relay itself locate pins 1 or 2 and clip one or both off with some dykes.

-Reinstall the relay. This will prevent the Highbeam circuit from removing the ground to your foglamp circuit with that relay.

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Last edited:

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
That circuit is live all the time not keyed. If you tapped that 12V when you shut the car down the fogs would stay on if you left the switch on.

Users who are viewing this thread