For Sale: 52k mile 98 Cobra Twin Turbo, T56, Etc...

Big Top GT

Jackstand Racer
Established Member
Well folks, the time has come. I'm tired of looking at this thing and want it gone. (Pics to follow.)

I've got no less than $40000 in receipts to go with the car and as you can see, it's nothing but the best of the best that has gone into it.

For what I'm asking for the car, you couldn't even buy half the parts that are in it.

Below is a list of the stuff in it and if you're seriously interested, I can give you some options.

Option A: I'll take $16500 for the car as it sits right now.
Option B: I take the Corbeau A4's out and put in good stock seats and I'll take $15500 for it.
Option C: I take the T56 out and put a good T45 back in it and I'll take $15000 for it.
Option D: I take the T56 out and the built rear, replace them with a stock tranny and rear, and Ill take $14000 for the car.

At the end of the day, cash talks, so come look at the car, bring cash, and threaten to buy it.

Here's a basic run down of the car.

* Black/Black 1998 Cobra with 52000 miles on it. I have the original window sticker and a 2" thick stack of receipts to go with the car. I am only the second owner.
* Modular Powerhouse built 4.6 short block with Manly pistons, Mod Max rods, forged Cobra crank, billet oil pump gears, tri-metal bearings, ARP head studs/rod bolts, etc, etc, etc... It's built for boost at 8.5:1 compression.
* Meziere chrome idler electric water pump
* ATI balancer
* SHM Stage II ported heads gone through and installed by Al Papitto/Boss330 Racing along with his Comp valves and spring combo. (You need heavier than stock springs to not float under turbo conditions. You get a lot of pressure on the back side of the valve.)
* 03/04 Cobra T56 with less than 2000 miles on it. It came from Dave King after he had it completely rebuilt. It's got a 26 spline input shaft, billet TOB retainer, and an MGW shifter. I had a problem with 6th gear with 0 miles on it. I took it to Promotion and had them go through it AGAIN. I have the receipts from them and it's tip top.
* 03/04 Cobra Aluminum driveshaft.
* Billet Steel Flywheel
* McLeod DFX dual friction clutch. This clutch was nearly 1000 dollars and should live behind roughly 1000 hp. When you step on the clutch pedal, it feels LIGHTER than stock. Easily the best clutch I've ever owned.
* Built rear including 31 spline Superior axles, Eaton Posi, 3.55 gears, welded axle tubes, aluminum differential cover, and fresh black powder coating.
* Griggs GR40 Suspension, including powder coated K member and A arms, Severe Duty torque arm, lower control arms, Coil over with Koni shocks (Single adjustable up front, double out back)
* Maximum Motorsports CC plates
* Flaming River sportsman power rack
* Griggs steering shaft
* Twin 60mm Master Power turbo kit. .63 AR with custom Kooks headers.
* Twin Tial 38MM waste gates
* Tial 50MM BOV
* Front mount intercooler
* All pipes, both hot side and cold side, are coated with 2000 degree thermo-ceramic coating.
* Custom oil reservoir with a High flow oil pump to empty oil from turbos

* Custom oil filter relocation setup.
* COMPLETE fuel system including: Glenn's Performance sumped/baffled fuel tank, twin external Bosch fuel pumps, stainless braided lines from fuel pumps to Aeromotive regulator to UPR 5/8" fuel rails, and back to the pump. From the tank to the fuel pumps it's got push lock hose, the two pumps, and both 100 and 10 micron Aeromotive fuel filters.
* High Impedance 83# injectors. The work with the stock computer and do not require an injector driver
* Boost A Spark
* Brand new Ford coil packs
* Apten mod upgraded with a brass fitting. (No worry about it letting go and spraying the tires with coolant like the plastic fitting tends to do.)
* 2 AutoMeter EGT gauge to monitor the turbos. One for each bank (These are not installed, but are brand new in the box.)
*Autometer Nexus Fuel Pressure gauge, along with the brain.
* Corbeau A4 Microsuede seats with brackets. The seats have less than 2000 miles on them.
* Custom ABC Exclusive front bumper. It looks like the stock Cobra bumper with a little bit of a lip on the bottom similar to a Cobra R.
* Aluminum finish 03 Cobra 17X9 wheels, all around. I also have black chrome 03/04 style wheels with 10.5's out back. We can talk about them if you want them on the car.
* Kenny Brown Sub-frame connectors.

There are a BUNCH of things I'm leaving out, but you can all see the car has only the best of the best parts. It's setup to make 800-1000 Hp, but I don't think I want to run the car on the street like that.

That's right, I said on the street, because the car was built to be a daily driver. The car has power steering (Flaming River Rack and Griggs steering shaft), Ice Cold Air Conditioning and cruise control. Everything the car is supposed to have is all still on the car and functioning properly.

If you have any questions, please email me at alaneosso at gmail dot com or call me directly at 310.902.1050.

The car needs three things to be complete:

1. A tune.
2. I had another much bigger vehicle rub me in traffic. There was NO metal to metal contact, but the rubber of his tire flattened the driver side back fender arch at the very top. It's roughly 12 inches long and maybe 6" high. I have an estimate from a local shop to paint the entire car for 2000, which included fixing the small flat spot. (I think a paintless dent guy could do a pretty good job of cleaning most of it up.)
3. A paint job.

It runs, drives and idles just fine. Turn the key and it starts every time. For a while I was using it to drive to and from West Palm Beach several times a week and the car is rock solid.

Lastly, I have the title in hand, free and clear, and I would also consider cash and an interesting partial trade. Sport bikes, Harley's, Older Muscle, etc...

Someone's going to LOVE this car.

Thanks,
Alan

Big Top GT

Jackstand Racer
Established Member
I'll get some better pics up when I get a chance to take some later today.

For now, here are some basic pics of the car.

The car doesn't have the gray Cobra hood on it. It's got a stock cobra hood on it again. If you're interested in a Kaenan Saleen Heat extractor hood, it's something we can discuss because I have one for the car. (I was going to put it on the 96 I'm picking up.)

The Saleen wing in the pictures is also not included on the car.

IF you want it on the car, make me an offer and we can work it out.

Here's the car with the Kaenan hood on it.
CobraNewHood.jpg

CobraNewHood2.jpg

bc8f2bd2.jpg

CV Products oil relocation setup.
fc7cccd3.jpg

cef20ce7.jpg

d249fc7f.jpg

387b6c54.jpg

c069026e.jpg

42b25454.jpg

This is the scavenger system for the turbos:
13fa633e.jpg

DSC04506.jpg

DSC04507.jpg

This one shows just how minor the wheel rub to the back fender is.

DSC04508.jpg

Never_Enough

Established Member
Someone is going to get one hell of a deal. I know Alan IRL, you won't find a better seller or car.

clc44

Established Member
I'm guessing you don't have any track time or dyno numbers? Just checking even though it says it needs a tune. Looks like a solid build!!!

clc44

Established Member
Wish I could sell my GTO and get into something like your car and get me a beater for DD use. Your car looks solid!

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
Thanks man.

The car is temporarily off the market. I've got an appointment to get it painted on Friday.

Then I'm going to tune it and relist it as a turn key street car. :)

i think doing this will improve your chances of selling the car 100%.

great car, cant wait to see it painted and tuned

Users who are viewing this thread