For those Non nav cars that want to install an aftermarket system, check this out.

SicShelby09

Banned
I know its been posted before, but here is a great youtube video of the Metra kit being installed and close up to see how it works. I will be getting one of these forsure.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CLOCL3Lz2M&feature=related"]YouTube - Metra Ford Mustang 2010 99-5823CH[/nomedia]

JL-KA

Established Member
I still like the scosche kit better.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_82Q5pkrNw&feature=related"]YouTube - CES 2011 - 2010 Ford Mustang Double DIN Dash Kit[/nomedia]

Last edited:

SicShelby09

Banned
wow 225 isnt a bad deal for that as long as it its plug and play

I called Metra a few minutes ago, and they claim that it sure is plug and play. It will work with the heated seats too. The other one that was just posted looks nice, but whats the point of keeping that stock screen in the car? I personally want it gone.

jbur074

Established Member
id be affrraidd of shifting too hard and punching the screen. id rather the screen be on top and keep the stock ac switches or use this aftermarkeet ac switch system. just my prefrence tho. i wouldnt want the shifter to obscure myview you know

that seconnd kit looks preetty cool but whhy are they putting radio so ddamn low? this computer im on is reetarde and feels likke adding letters so i swear im not trying to type like a 15 yearoldd girl haha

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
id be affrraidd of shifting too hard and punching the screen. id rather the screen be on top and keep the stock ac switches or use this aftermarkeet ac switch system. just my prefrence tho. i wouldnt want the shifter to obscure myview you know

that seconnd kit looks preetty cool but whhy are they putting radio so ddamn low? this computer im on is reetarde and feels likke adding letters so i swear im not trying to type like a 15 yearoldd girl haha

i totally agree with this, Hey Sic call them back and tell them to reverse it for us, if they do ill be buying a Double Din asap and this product

ViciousJay

Established Member

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Is that the screen/controls from a premium, bc my base car looks nothing like that setup..?

acrbill

Established Member
Those heater controls/screen look like they are from the 80's. The screen is so low that if you are driving through a downtown area and need to concentrate on the screen things might get interesting.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Those heater controls/screen look like they are from the 80's. The screen is so low that if you are driving through a downtown area and need to concentrate on the screen things might get interesting.

i just emailed them saying they need to reverse it

ViciousJay

Established Member
they wont i talked tot hem, they said there isnt enough clearence. I said how does the factory stock one fit and they said it was 1" think. Heres what it looks like, does it look bolted in or is it just me?

securedownloadxv.jpg

Last edited:

jbur074

Established Member
they wont i talked tot hem, they said there isnt enough clearence. I said how does the factory stock one fit and they said it was 1" think. Heres what it looks like, does it look bolted in or is it just me?

securedownloadxv.jpg

how does the stock navi fit in there then? it looks like they could fabricate a new thing but im sure it would get expensive. i was looking at it today and my shifter in 1st, 3rd and 5th pretty much would sit in the middle of the screen. and i cruse in 5th around the city. only cool thing would be you could push ur buttons while keeping your hand on the shifter! haha. idk i guess having a screen on the bottom is better than having no screen at all... but it definatly does not look factory on the bottom like that

Users who are viewing this thread