For those running BFG DR's...

Orange Poison

Established Member
Thinking about getting some for the street since the F1's can't seem to grip..

Question:

For those running them on the street....are they sandblasting (chipping up) your rear panels behind the wheels from the extra debris? Or is it the same difference as running stock F1's

Thanks

Tony

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
Seems like there is a little more debris commin off the tires, but nothing that bad.. I would say if you're worried about it, get some of the 3m film and put it over the places you think will be hurt and that should help you out..

69cobrajet

333 Half Evil
Established Member
Not much debris slinging up.Great for traction on the street.Not much on mileage but I don't use mine daily anyway. :burnout:

jeffsvt

Established Member
Mine don't sling debris to much because every damn rock , dirt or piece of sand stick to them like crazy ! I had Nittos on before the BFG's and hands down I can tell how much more superior the BFG's are . The BFG's even let me know how bad my clutch was slipping .

ChuckysSVT

LS1/6 speed 68 Camaro
Established Member
When they are warm they pick up everything and do fling rocks around. Ive had mine 2k miles and love em for traction. Driving around w/ sprinkled doughnuts on the rear gets old though. Also...they suck in the rain...wait..THEY REALLY SUCK IN THE RAIN.

ercizm

Established Member
They are nice and sticky, lasted me about 3000miles. They do hook and take care of some wheelhop. Not friendly on high mile an hour offramps though. And I agree they suck in the rain. I'd buy a nother set of rims and use'um when you need them. If you drive on a dirt road or pit area you will here the stones hitting the car. No major damage to mine.good luck.

Cobra03FLA

Titties & Beer!
Established Member
I keep them on the car all the time. I dont drive in the rain unless Im caught in it. Yes they do pick up rocks and sling them against the rear bumper cover and 1/4 panel. I think its worth it to be able to use the power I have and also it cured ALL my wheel hop. Mine dont even spin in first from a 10mph roll, with F1s I could break them loose in 2nd gear at 30mph with out using the clutch.

Users who are viewing this thread