for those that have done remote tuning

44shelby

Established Member
I added a few bolt ons to my car this weekend and I was in the process of sending the logs to Lund and trying to maintain the certain rpms for the few seconds he requested is a lot harder than I expected. Is that typical or normal. I cant hold the 1500 rpms steady for the life of me. The car seems to idle great. I haven't tried to drive it yet as its late already. I'm wondering if that is normal. I went back over everything to make sure it was installed properly and it looks fine. Everything is plugged in and connected ect and it doesn't miss fire or anything like that.

2014 gt500
twin 65 tb
id1000's
jlt 123
2.4 pulley
ngauge

OX1

Established Member
Didn't do any of that with VMP, but that's not to say everything was perfect. They did give me a tune for the wrong mass air meter first. After that though, it was pretty much spot on almost immediately.

LS WUT

Established Member
I added a few bolt ons to my car this weekend and I was in the process of sending the logs to Lund and trying to maintain the certain rpms for the few seconds he requested is a lot harder than I expected. Is that typical or normal. I cant hold the 1500 rpms steady for the life of me. The car seems to idle great. I haven't tried to drive it yet as its late already. I'm wondering if that is normal. I went back over everything to make sure it was installed properly and it looks fine. Everything is plugged in and connected ect and it doesn't miss fire or anything like that.

2014 gt500
twin 65 tb
id1000's
jlt 123
2.4 pulley
ngauge
That’s normal. It’s a pain in the ass to hold it at the RPM’s they’re telling you to. I’ve done plenty of remote tuning with Lund. As long as your logs are consistent, and you do the best you can on them. They can work with you.

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Holding RPM or getting to certain RPM on city streets is tough. Local tuner or Lund can tune remotely if you can find a dyno are the easiest way to tune.

44shelby

Established Member
That’s normal. It’s a pain in the ass to hold it at the RPM’s they’re telling you to. I’ve done plenty of remote tuning with Lund. As long as your logs are consistent, and you do the best you can on them. They can work with you.
I remember it being difficult on my coyote but this was damn near impossible lol. Well its reassuring that I'm not the only one
Holding RPM or getting to certain RPM on city streets is tough. Local tuner or Lund can tune remotely if you can find a dyno are the easiest way to tune.

It’s not maintaining a steady state mph that’s hard it the free revving the motor at a steady state that’s hard.

LS WUT

Established Member
I remember it being difficult on my coyote but this was damn near impossible lol. Well its reassuring that I'm not the only one

It’s not maintaining a steady state mph that’s hard it the free revving the motor at a steady state that’s hard.
Never felt more like I had Parkinson’s in my life. I even tried to cheat and use my hand to do it haha. Hardest was the 1500. 2500, and 3500 to WOT was just fine.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
As long as you were around the RPM you should be good. I remember having an issue doing the step tests when making the base tune. After the first or second revision it got a lot easier as everything was dialed in.

44shelby

Established Member
Just an update: I'm on revision #2 and the surging under light throttle is still there and there is absolutely no way you can maintain the 1500, 2500, and 3500 they are requested. I checked for leaks and there is none. Three things have changed that could cause this 1.) tune 2.) throttle body 3.) jlt 123.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Whos throttle body? That matters a lot on the s197 gt500's.

I had a billet black twin 68mm Whipple throttle body on my 500 that Lund was able to tune to absolute perfection.

that said, ive read the mono's or frpp 65's can be a bitch to get right

Last edited:

44shelby

Established Member
It is a ford racing twin 65. I was told that those are among the easier ones to tune.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm tuned by Lund and went through the same stuff, the step log/ holding your RPMs is a pain in the ass, just get as close as you can to 1500, 2500 and 3500, it will give them a good idea on what might need to be adjusted. My car still surges a little when cruising in 4th, but not in 5th and 6th, maybe because I have after market cams, who is your calibrator? I had Brandon and he was great to work with.

44shelby

Established Member
I'm tuned by Lund and went through the same stuff, the step log/ holding your RPMs is a pain in the ass, just get as close as you can to 1500, 2500 and 3500, it will give them a good idea on what might need to be adjusted. My car still surges a little when cruising in 4th, but not in 5th and 6th, maybe because I have after market cams, who is your calibrator? I had Brandon and he was great to work with.
I'm working with Brandon right now as well. Mine surges in first and 2nd and 3rd. Those are all I have used so far so it might go away in 4th-6th. We will see what they say in the morning. Hopefully it lined out and finished up tomorrow.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm working with Brandon right now as well. Mine surges in first and 2nd and 3rd. Those are all I have used so far so it might go away in 4th-6th. We will see what they say in the morning. Hopefully it lined out and finished up tomorrow.
It may take another revision or 2, just out of curiosity, why did you put ID1000s in? The stock injectors are plenty for your mods.

44shelby

Established Member
It may take another revision or 2, just out of curiosity, why did you put ID1000s in? The stock injectors are plenty for your mods.
I plan on headers and e85 next. Figured since I already had them from my other Shelby I might as well stick them in now.

44shelby

Established Member
Thats what I'm running and never had an issue. Smooth as can be.
My other car was smooth as glass as well. Lund knocked it out of the park on our gt500 kr and red stripe package gt500 (both have tvs). 1file sent and they were done. Granted they were done 10 years ago now but they run and drive great.

I'm sure they will end up figuring it out. But for now it gives us all something to talk about.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I plan on headers and e85 next. Figured since I already had them from my other Shelby I might as well stick them in now.
Lund usually only does E85 tunes on 13/14s with ID1300s and a 20 volt KB BAP but maybe they'll make an exception, either way I'm sure Brandon will get it squared away, if you keep having issues maybe reinstall the stock injectors and sell the 1000s for a set of 1300s.

SteveWK

Established Member
Never felt more like I had Parkinson’s in my life. I even tried to cheat and use my hand to do it haha. Hardest was the 1500. 2500, and 3500 to WOT was just fine.
LOL, I know the feeling. OP, I went through Lund too and had some minor problems holding RPM. I think all they are looking for with that procedure is balance between the two O2 sensor reading on each side. I could be wrong though.

LS WUT

Established Member
LOL, I know the feeling. OP, I went through Lund too and had some minor problems holding RPM. I think all they are looking for with that procedure is balance between the two O2 sensor reading on each side. I could be wrong though.
No I think you’re right. It kept showing false knock for me. For some dumb ass reason the intake was hitting the fender just a little bit so it was throwing it off. Was giving me anxiety!

Users who are viewing this thread