for those that have done remote tuning

OX1

Established Member
IF a tune is developed correctly, it won't be an issue !!

As long as they haven't started checking this yet, CVN (aka checksum) and CAL-ID, will be OK. Jersey has not so far, but I've also heard NY will start soon (maybe only NYC area).

Problem I see is even if you have "CARB" approved tune, will they have the new CVN's in the emission equipment, or will they send you to some ref, that will go over the entire rest of the car (just in case).

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
I added a few bolt ons to my car this weekend and I was in the process of sending the logs to Lund and trying to maintain the certain rpms for the few seconds he requested is a lot harder than I expected. Is that typical or normal. I cant hold the 1500 rpms steady for the life of me. The car seems to idle great. I haven't tried to drive it yet as its late already. I'm wondering if that is normal. I went back over everything to make sure it was installed properly and it looks fine. Everything is plugged in and connected ect and it doesn't miss fire or anything like that.

2014 gt500
twin 65 tb
id1000's
jlt 123
2.4 pulley
ngauge
You don't need the ID1000s if those are the only mods you have.

Id imagine a short trip to any shop would be worth getting rid of the surging headache.

I personally am not a fan of Remote tuning on the street. Im not saying its not possible, but its certainly not the safest way to get your vehicle properly tuned.

Id much rather take it to a shop and let them get it worked out on the Dyno.

GTMAN212

Established Member
As long as they haven't started checking this yet, CVN (aka checksum) and CAL-ID, will be OK. Jersey has not so far, but I've also heard NY will start soon (maybe only NYC area).

Problem I see is even if you have "CARB" approved tune, will they have the new CVN's in the emission equipment, or will they send you to some ref, that will go over the entire rest of the car (just in case).

So glad I got a collector car registration in Jersey so I only have to go get my car inspected every 5 years and all they check to see if your odometer works emissions is except.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
I just had my 2013 Shelby remote tuned by Palm beach dyno, took about 3 revisions to get it right, but there has been an issue that occurs at times where the car goes into limp mode after doing a hard pull? I keep getting a code p1229 (pump driver). My IATs where just over 100 when this has occurred? Everything seems spot on, car idles amazing and runs great even with the A/C on.

I've heard that these cars are notorious for the pump failure, any guidance on a fix?

S1975.8

Established Member
Premium Member
My car is remote tuned by Palm Beach Dyno at Heideman Racing Dynamics shop on Chris’s dyno in Houston. Rob did a great job with my car. It’s about to be remote tuned again as am installing a Fore triple pump and Gen5 3.0 Whipple

Stage 4.6

Established Member
My car is remote tuned by Palm Beach Dyno at Heideman Racing Dynamics shop on Chris’s dyno in Houston. Rob did a great job with my car. It’s about to be remote tuned again as am installing a Fore triple pump and Gen5 3.0 Whipple
I've heard great things about PBD and Lund, but for some reason my car is not liking that PBD tune, I went back to the VMP tune it had, it's been over two weeks and the car has not went into limp mode?

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I've heard great things about PBD and Lund, but for some reason my car is not liking that PBD tune, I went back to the VMP tune it had, it's been over two weeks and the car has not went into limp mode?
Sounds like maybe you need a BAP.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
No worries, I'm just learning the quirks on these cars, thought i may have missed something?

Stage 4.6

Established Member
The 13/14s do have some intercooler issues, but it's usually the harness.
Yeah I was interested in the OP post because I was in a similar situation with my remote tune. These cars seem to have a sensitive respond to tunes. I was pretty stoked over having a Palm Beach Dyno Tune on my car, I've heard nothing but great things about them, but my car kept throwing that P1229 codes and at one point P0297 overspeed? This went on for 2-3 weeks. They put the VMP tune that the car previously had and car is running great no codes since. The main reason for my tune was due to the elevation change for where I reside.

I've researched the intercooler pump issue and had my tuner look over my entire system he claims its functioning perfect. I was about to get the upgraded wiring harness and new pump. Before throwing the old tune back in it.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah I was interested in the OP post because I was in a similar situation with my remote tune. These cars seem to have a sensitive respond to tunes. I was pretty stoked over having a Palm Beach Dyno Tune on my car, I've heard nothing but great things about them, but my car kept throwing that P1229 codes and at one point P0297 overspeed? This went on for 2-3 weeks. They put the VMP tune that the car previously had and car is running great no codes since. The main reason for my tune was due to the elevation change for where I reside.

I've researched the intercooler pump issue and had my tuner look over my entire system he claims its functioning perfect. I was about to get the upgraded wiring harness and new pump. Before throwing the old tune back in it.
The 13/14s are pretty sensitive to tuning, the T/B plays a big role in that. If the VMP tune works great than I'd leave it alone.

Users who are viewing this thread