For those with aftermarket Upper control arms

KILRSVT

Established Member
In the never ending efforts to make my car handle better I came up with the thought that an upper control arm would be a good idea and cheaper than any other mod on the rear suspension . My question is what upper control arm do you guys recommend I am thinking about getting the steeda or roush 3rd link. Is it necessary to get the mount as well or can I just do with the control arm. I am looking to improve high speed transitions and corner exit speed . Thanks in advance

Last edited:

REDNIGHTMARE

Established Member
I have the BMR adj. Might as well go ahead and get it. I bought the non adj thinking it be fine and ended up buying the adj too so spent extra $$$. Mount is a must. Will clunk if you do not. At least thats been my experience

draxxus131

Established Member
If your going to lower your vehicle make sure you get an adjustable 3rd link. Otherwise you will have headaches later on. Get the mount as well, why go with a beefed up piece of metal that still retains the flimsy stamped metal piece of a control plate?

Any maker of UCA's will be fine, except UMI if they do make one.

86Fbody

Established Member
I went with Whiteline and I believe you need an aftermarket mount to fit the UCA, I wouldn't go with the Roush as it is the same as stock basically and none adjustable.

KILRSVT

Established Member
I've saw the steeda arm but not steeda mount . Where did you guys purchase your mount and arm assembly

byeofcr

Established Member
I have steeda adj uca and their bracket. Its a quality piece for sure! Do it

coolwater28

Da Beast!!!!!!
Established Member
I have the jpc adj with stock mount but I'll be adding bmr adj mount soon. Sorry don't di any road racing so can't help in that department.

throthaduece85

spinning not winning
Established Member
Used CHE upper arm and mount. Works well but can transmit some rearend noise. I kinda wish roush made a standard height unit...

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
My main concern with a uca is the noise and vibration... I am doing my suspension without it because of that... I have a suspicion I might need it though....

nosscort

Established Member
Any body in here install just the arm without the mount

Yes I did the steeda with no mount. They supply a spacer to fill in the the space when using the stock mount. No clunking, no slop, no wheel hop, great 60's, easy adjustment.

86Fbody

Established Member
My main concern with a uca is the noise and vibration... I am doing my suspension without it because of that... I have a suspicion I might need it though....

The noise can be awful, I have gear whine and the howl at 80 is pretty bad, that being said I would never switch back to the stock mount.

KILRSVT

Established Member
Yes I did the steeda with no mount. They supply a spacer to fill in the the space when using the stock mount. No clunking, no slop, no wheel hop, great 60's, easy adjustment.

Nice ....was there any adjustment you had to do for pinion angle or did you just match it to the length of the stock unit

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
I have the BMR UCA and mount along with a few other suspension parts and I have absolutely no wheel hop. The rear stays planted at all times .

Users who are viewing this thread