Forced Induction (FAQS)

Skunkworks

Established Member
Blown2300 said:
Here is some more info for the Roots section..

TVS-Model.jpg

http://www.eatonperformance.com/superchargers/TVS.html

Check out the efficiency maps

A simple explanation of the isentropic efficiency maps:

During compression, air heats up. Theoretically it should increase temperature by a set amount. The Isentropic efficiency states how close this temperature gets to the ideal temperature.

Since SAE defines standard conditions of 14.35psi and 77 F, The 100% efficent temperatures relative to boost are:

6psi = 134 F
12psi = 179 F
18psi = 217 F
24psi = 252 F

Now you can see why intercoolers are very important. Even with a 100% thermally efficient Supercharger/Turbocharger an intercooler will help!

I am trying to justify a twin screw just on charge temperature.

-Chip-

You Better Come Correct!
Established Member

I am trying to justify a twin screw just on charge temperature.
Both being plenum mounted blowers there wouldn't be much difference. Intercooled centrifugals give you the lowest temperatures.

mhyjek

Established Member
Have you ever used or heard off ACESIV fuel catalyst? I working with a tuner to see if it does what it claims. Google bnd automotive there is info there.
Thanks for the great write up!

dkr77

That overview was absolutely great. I spent a big part of my morning reading it and now have a much better understanding of forced induction and fuel. Thank you Chip.

Users who are viewing this thread