Ford and Toyota get in bed together!

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
If they can make a reliable drivetrain with the power to haul and tow shit equal to their internal combustion only counterparts (at least the gasoline ones), I dont see why not. Unless youre one of those tards that "gotta have mah vee eight!" in which case you need to shoot yourself in the face.

Sent from my iPhail using Tapatalk while doing 90 on the freeway and streetracing through traffic. What now?

Orange Dreamer

Established Member
I want to know if the extra cost of the Hybrid engine will be worth it for the extra fuel economy. I don't want to pay an extra $10,000 for a Hybrid engine that only gets 4 MPG better than the $750 dollar twin turbo V-6.

99cobra302

Established Member
wire eater is right, these types of collaborations are very common in the auto industry. a couple that come to mind are Pontiac Vibe - Toyota Matrix, VW Tourag - Porsce Cheyanne, that new Scion Coupe thing (FT-86) and what ever the Subaru version will be.

mysterio

Established Member
Join ventures are nothing new. I like the fact that two competitors can work together. It should be interesting at least to see what comes out of it.

wire eater is right, these types of collaborations are very common in the auto industry. a couple that come to mind are Pontiac Vibe - Toyota Matrix, VW Tourag - Porsce Cheyanne, that new Scion Coupe thing (FT-86) and what ever the Subaru version will be.

That's right, and don't forget that the small Mazda p/u truck from a few years ago was pretty much just a re-badged Ford Ranger. Ford and Toy should both benefit, as both have strengths in areas that the other may not.

16kOrBust

Established Member
I admittedly know very little about hybrid motors, but I recall hearing on multiple occasions that battery motors make gobs of torque. If this is the case, then I would think this could be worked into a major benefit for hauling and towing vehicles. Granted there are a thousand other variables, but just a thought.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
I admittedly know very little about hybrid motors, but I recall hearing on multiple occasions that battery motors make gobs of torque. If this is the case, then I would think this could be worked into a major benefit for hauling and towing vehicles. Granted there are a thousand other variables, but just a thought.

Not only do electric motors make a ton of TQ relative to engine size, but they develop 100% of it at 0 RPM.

Mika

Established Member
Toyota would benefit from the years of R&D of making a damn solid truck, and Ford would benefit from the years of R&D of making a hybrid battery. Not a bad idea, sounds like a win-win for both, and eventually to the consumers.

Mika

Users who are viewing this thread