Ford F-150: Engine Lineup

AssPikle

Established Member
Well Ive driven all of them and still prefer my V8 power so I guess Im an Asshat V8 Bigot. Toyota is V8 only, Nissan is V8 only and GM cant give their V6/V4 trucks away and the demand for the 6.2 is so great they had to expand the trims that could get it.
That's because Chevy cant build anything but a pushrod. Dont compare the Chevy garbage to Fords EB engines.

johnkn

Established Member
Well you keep on doing you Pops. I still stand by what I said that 80K for a V6 truck is ridiculous and thats 80K out my retirement that I can put into something that wont depreciate.

So $80k for an EB is ridiculous but $80k for the same truck with a V8 is acceptable? If that's your opinion, OK. I can't comment on your inability to financially prepare for retirement.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Own an 18 5.0 10spg after having owned a 2016 Mustang GT w/ the 5.0 auto. Loved it in the Mustang, sucks in the truck. The 10spd shift schedule sucks big time which my bigger complaint. Drove a 3.5 EB a few months ago and its night and day difference. Given the price to turbo/supercharge the V8, which was my plan long ago but no longer is, I'd just go EB with a tune and minor upgrades. Its a very stout setup for a DD.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
That's because Chevy cant build anything but a pushrod. Dont compare the Chevy garbage to Fords EB engines.

Lmao I cant argue that.

So $80k for an EB is ridiculous but $80k for the same truck with a V8 is acceptable? If that's your opinion, OK. I can't comment on your inability to financially prepare for retirement.

Its overpriced either way

Who's paying 80k for an eb? Mine was 35k.

Raptor and Limited owners

Anyone that feels the 5.0 is a better engine solution for the f150 has not driven the eb offerings, or they just dont know what torque feels like.

Every engine has a place in the market otherwise Ford wouldn’t offer them. Variety is the spice of life which means buy whatever you like and if everyone had the same thing. Life would be boring.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Own an 18 5.0 10spg after having owned a 2016 Mustang GT w/ the 5.0 auto. Loved it in the Mustang, sucks in the truck. The 10spd shift schedule sucks big time which my bigger complaint. Drove a 3.5 EB a few months ago and its night and day difference. Given the price to turbo/supercharge the V8, which was my plan long ago but no longer is, I'd just go EB with a tune and minor upgrades. Its a very stout setup for a DD.

I love the low end power of the ecoboom trucks. The thing that scares me is I keep mine for several years and I worry about long term repairs and costs. A basic V8 is cheaper to repair than a turbocharged V6 with God knows what all Ford has running it.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Well Ive driven all of them and still prefer my V8 power so I guess Im an Asshat V8 Bigot. Toyota is V8 only, Nissan is V8 only and GM cant give their V6/V4 trucks away and the demand for the 6.2 is so great they had to expand the trims that could get it.

What sucks about gm is they still refuse to allow you to build your own truck starting with a base and adding the 6.2L.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
What sucks about gm is they still refuse to allow you to build your own truck starting with a base and adding the 6.2L.

They expanded the trims to include the TrailBoss custom and LT packages and RST trims to get the 6.2 for 2020

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
They expanded the trims to include the TrailBoss custom and LT packages and RST trims to get the 6.2 for 2020
I did see that gm is at least giving some more options to get the 6.2L but they still wont let you do a complete build to order truck. You still have a get mid grade package to start in order to even option the 6.2L i dont see why they just dont allow you to add the engine to there entire line up. It seems the demand is there but there so focused on pushing this new crappy 4 cylinder turbo in a truck.

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
Love my ecoboost in my SHO Taurus. Things runs 12.1 @ 113 and puts a hurt on most cars on the street from a dig. Very surprising for a 4500 car. Doesn't sound too good, but who gives a crap. Quiet, no drone. Perfect sleeper.

blk02edge

Established Member
I love the low end power of the ecoboom trucks. The thing that scares me is I keep mine for several years and I worry about long term repairs and costs. A basic V8 is cheaper to repair than a turbocharged V6 with God knows what all Ford has running it.
That scares me about all vehicles coming out these days regardless of engine. Too much millenial bubble wrap built in.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
What’s the deal with synthetic oil changes going 10k or 12k or 20k miles before needing a change. These are the recommended ratings now for certain engine oil combinations. Too long?

Users who are viewing this thread